Chapter 53: Gala's

Athena's pov

I've never enjoyed galas more now than ever. Lucky and I decided to announce the news of Luciano being born until we felt right with it. We didn't want him to become a target but that didn't work. Him being a year and five months it's been circling around that we had a kid besides Santo.

Now is the day that we take him with us to the gala for everyone to see if the rumors are true. Of course Lucky my brothers and I made sure security was added and under covers are there. Not a hair on his head should be missing if it is I'll turn hell up in there. "Bambina go get ready I'll put the rest of his clothes on" Lucky comes into his room taking Luciano from me.

I don't argue about going out of the room. Unzipping the dress protection I take it out the bag stepping into it. Great, now I can't reach the back of it. I'll just tell Lucky to do it when he comes back. I unpin my hair letting the bouncy curls fall down my back.

I opt for a red lip instead of lip gloss. It'll get sticky after a while.  I attempt to zip my dress up only doing it half way. This is why most of my dresses slip on. "Struggling there?" Lucky laughs holding Luciano on his side.

"Yes, help me please?" He places Luciano on the bed before standing behind me. His fingers trace down my back before reaching the zipper pulling the rest of it up. He kisses my shoulder wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "You look beautiful Bambina" My stomach does a 360 hearing his words butterflies seem to have found their way.

He places my engagement and wedding ring on my finger grabbing Luciano from the bed. Now for the hard part of exposing him to the world. No matter how much we wanted to hide it we couldn't. It makes him an even bigger target for people trying to find him. They would go to any extent just to get a glimpse.

This is for his protection. At our wedding it was different; the reception Lucinao was only there for about half an hour before Santo took him upstairs. Plus when we walked in no one had noticed him.

Lucky opens the car door allowing me to go inside first before sliding in with Luciano. He sits on Lucky's lap watching kids cartoons on his phone. "I wish we didn't have to do this. I didn't want to expose him so young" I sigh resting my head on his shoulder

"Me too but I'd die if anything were to happen to either of you two it's hard but this was our safest option." He kisses my forehead. I look out the window passing by our beach.

A smile forms on my face thinking of all the memories we have there. We try to go at least once a week just to have no worries. It's our safe spot. Luciano loves it. He gets to play in the sand or get his feet wet. "Luciano Stop throwing away my phone or I'm not going to give it to you again"Lucky picks up his phone for the 4th time. Luciano's lip quivers like he's going to cry his eyes fill up with sadness.

Lucky's holds him hugging him trying to stop his cries. "Luciano don't cry we're not going to throw the phone again okay" Lucky wipes his red face of all the tears that have fallen.

Luciano sniffles a bit before calming down by paying attention to the phone. The sound of his cartoons is the only noise in the car, both me and Lucky deep in our own thoughts. Luciano's is starting to get more mobile walking for a few minutes at a time.  He's also starting to say more words but with becoming more mobile he's also becoming harder to get. Soon he'll hit terrible twos. I hope it's not that terrible.

Gabriele wasn't too bad but my other nephews had it extremely bad. "Hello earth to Athena I've been calling you for the past two minutes. We're here babe" Lucky lightly touches my arm taking me out of the thoughts that invaded my head.  He holds Luciano in one hand holding the other one out for me to take.