21| Would You Care To Be?

Jayda

4:00 am

4:00 am

I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning and sweating as I slept on the couch. Every time I tried to clear my mind and go back to sleep, his voice and face burned in my mind making me uncomfortable.

"Well you seen wrong my love. It's me, alive, in the flesh. I told you I couldn't be killed, and someday come back to taunt you. You remember that?"

Having enough of the tossing and turning, I jumped  to get up to go upstairs and lay in the bed where I might be better off sleeping, but quickly stopped as the stiffness in my leg prevented me from doing so.

"Fuck." I cursed to myself silently as it was early in the morning.

Instead of waking up Shemar, I just plopped my body right back to the position where my body originally laid.

I didn't move. I just laid there staring into the darkness as the room looked like it was getting smaller, hoping it'll force me to go back to the little sleep I could get. After trying for half an hour, I gave up and decided to find my way into the bed.

I sat up slowly, and prepared myself to endure this pain. I used the arm chair to get up fully and started limping to the stairs.

I groaned lowly with every move I made, trying to drag my leg up the stairs without popping the stitches that I had.

"Niggas should've gave me a cane or something." I said under my breath.

"You need help? You sounded like you was struggling." He said from the top of the stairs making me jump, staring down at me.

I looked up at him and squinted my eyes at him tryna see if he was being funny.

"You scared the shit out of me. How long you been right there? I thought you were sleeping."

"Since you tried to get up the first few steps and no I wasn't sleep.."

"Oh okay.."

"So you heard me in here struggling t- you know what imma drop it." I said to myself shaking my head catching a breather before I had to walk up the stairs again. Surprisingly this shit was a lot of work.

Shemar then walked down the stairs behind me and swooped me up gently and painless like it was nothing, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head in his shoulder from exhaustion.

"You wanna go to your room?"

"Do you want me to come to yours?" I said lifting my head up now looking at him directly.

"Not if you're not with the shits."

"If you wanted me in the room with you you could've just said that."