Step Siblings || 04

"i can't believe dad actually did this." jungkook sighs deeply, resting against the backrest while scrolling mindlessly through his instagram feed which had nothing more than pictures and videos of people from his school.

"it's fine," the elder brother shrugs, "it's his life. i'm actually happy he found someone to spend the rest of his life with. loneliness wouldn't bother him at least."

"yeah but why did he have to make it so dramatic like wedding and all?! and he didn't even wait for us! no, how great is this woman for real that he couldn't bear waiting for his sons to arrive?"

"stop making him look like the bad person. you wouldn't attend the wedding even if you were in seoul. he wanted to wait for us, i was the one who told him to carry on." jimin sighs deeply, shaking his head as he leans back and closes his eyes, hoping for some sleep before they land in korea.

jungkook glances at him, not saying anything as he knew for himself he wouldn't want to be a part of his father's wedding when he is already in his late teens. and knowing the kind of history the father has had with relationships, jungkook didn't want to witness another failure. so even when the elder brother received a call from their dad informing them about his new date and the bond getting so strong that the couple even decided to get married as soon as possible, jungkook wasn't that fazed.

jimin had told him about the news and he had rolled his eyes, saying it was his and his brother's age to go around girls and try out what works and what not, instead of their forties-father experimenting his love life. however his support wasn't any less and jimin knew this. he said nothing and kept it secret when he saw the younger brother sending a bouquet of flowers and an expensive champaign for the couple to celebrate their big day.

that was just about the wedding, real attack for the brothers was when the news of having a new sibling was brought up. jungkook didn't like the idea at all and had told jimin very clearly that he is the only younger brother the latter can have. jimin had sighed and rolled his eyes and the overdramatic response from the boy and tried to reason him like a five-year-old that it was okay and he would still be his little brother no matter who joins the family.

but jungkook wasn't convinced, he knew how jimin loves interacting with people and goes absolutely crazy when the people are kids. and jaehyun had told them the new sibling is a kid.

"hyung," jungkook shakes the elder brother who hums in response letting the boy know that he's listening, "how old is that kid again?"

"i don't know, i forgot to ask." jimin says, "we could've arranged some gifts. it's not nice to welcome someone new into the family empty handed."

"see? you're already thinking of getting gifts for that kid!" jungkook whisper yells, leaning over the armrest between their seats to avoid disturbing other passengers nearby. "do you remember when was the last time you bought me anything?"

"you have a credit card, jungkook. stop acting like a child." jimin hisses.

"geez! that's not what i'm saying. i am your brother no-"

"yeah i know, can you stop now?" the brother sighs amd faces the younger, "kook, i'm not going to replace you just because someone new is coming in the family. i know this is probably coming from namjoon hyung's story of being neglected after tae was born. but trust me he was just kidding to tease you and tae, because you both are the youngest. i wasn't neglected at all when you were born even though dad was a single father. so no, i won't forget you, i'll remember i have a brother eighteen years old, jeon jungkook who is silly and acts like a kid sometimes to get attention. you can relax and breathe all you want, alright?"

jungkook's cheeks flare in red, staring at his hyung with a flushed expression on being so openly pointed out as a jealous man-child. he clears his throat, blinking a couple of times before looking away, not uttering a single word for the rest of the flight which to some extent made jimin relax and have a good nap.