The unfateful day

Owen's P.O.V.

I walked for ten minutes and I reach my home. It's still 4:30 so my parents are not home and Hailey my younger sister is at her friend's house. She is in eighth grade and one of the most amazing girls I know. I walk into my home just like any normal two-story home white exterior and interior. I head straight into my room. Somehow, I did not feel hungry. It may be because of the butterfly I feel in my stomach because of the thought of moving away or the tension of turning sixteen tomorrow.

"How can you think like that? How can you not feel excited about finding our mate tomorrow?" Vlad my wolf said to me. This guy can be real trouble from time to time and now is that time.

"It's not I don't want to find our mate. I'm dying to meet him or her as much as you are. But I just don't want to be mated to someone from this pack. You know what we have been through, and you may be fine with it but I'm not. Plus, it is not necessary that we would find our mate tomorrow, I wish we won't Because all the people that we'd meet tomorrow are most probably part of the pack." I say with an irritated tone. He knows the situation but he is pestering me about it for quite some time.

"What difference does it make by who our mate is and in which pack they belong? As long as we are with our mate, we will be happy." He said like it was the simplest thing in the world.

"You have gone crazy in love and you haven't even met our mate yet. And it does make difference about who our mate is and how we are treated. Also, it's not like it is written in the books that we'd find our mate tomorrow so chill out. We'll see when we find our mate. And remember you are not the only one there, so don't go berserk." I say to him, trying to make him understand as much as possible.

My wolf Vlad is a brown one, a dark brown almost black. And he has amber eyes. He is pretty big and powerful for an omega. The people who have seen my wolf are my family and alpha. I usually go to the forest alone to shift and let Vlad take control for a while, he also needs his sweet time so I don't mind. I have not gone with anyone as I have no friends thanks to Jason. No one wanted to be on his hit list by talking to the boy he resents the most in the world.

I then drift into my thoughts and Vlad goes silent. So, I surf the internet for a while and then went to watch a short film, Two Lights: Relumino. It is a Korean film and I'm obsessed with it. I've watched it over and over and it gets better with every watch.

When the film ended it was almost six, I was on my way to the kitchen when I heard the door unlock and I knew who it was my parents. They came and the first thing they say was "who's turning sixteen tomorrow?". They have been very stressed about me going to school after the incident but I convinced them to treat me like they used to I love how hard they try. We talked for a while about our day and they freshen up. I started making mac and cheese. By the time I was done everyone was settled on the dining table. We had dinner talked more the topics of the conversation were

How good it is to be sixteen?

What does it mean to turn sixteen?

How amazing it is to find your mate.

How my parents first met.

How they felt and how they fell in love.

And how lucky I would feel when I find my mate.

How amazing it would be.

The conversation went in this order only. Finally, I was able to slip out and went straight to my room. It was around ten, wow that ended earlier than I expected. It felt like an eternity. I wanted to sleep but I know I will not be able to sleep easily today. So, went to Netflix and after half an hour of searching, I decided to watch drum roll please... friends. I just wanted something light-hearted and something to make me laugh to get things out of my mind. And it went till 2:30 when I could not keep my eyes open and drifted into sleep. Oh and I'm sixteen now.