The training session

Owen's P.O.V.

I wake up with the loud banging on my door. And my om shouting "Honey, wake up or you're gonna be late for the training." Why is she making so much noise this early in the morning? I started to twist and turn, I grabbed my mobile and shot up when I looked at the time, it was already eleven. I slept so much. I ran into the bathroom while replying to my mom over the top of my lungs "I'm up mom.". I got ready as fast as I could and it was almost 11:30. I grabbed any cloth that came in my hand and toss them on myself. I ran out of my room and grabbed an apple from the dining table on my way out of the house. "Love ya mom," I said before heading out of the door.

'It's 11:55 I'm gonna be late today' so I started running and was at the school ground in no time. Phew, that was a close one. I was standing on the ground where all the other students were. No one, in particular, would be waiting for me so I stood where I was and then I realized. How fresh I felt, it was like my life just restarted, just like how in a game it all starts fresh after you lose all of your lives. I slept so well after a long time. And my mind was blank even after all that happened yesterday. I kinda felt ecstasies, did I sniff something weird when I ran into the wood yesterday? It was surprising that I was not feeling any of the pain I felt yesterday when I felt like I could not take any more as I'd die. But it was all gone. I always felt like sleeping helped me with pain but it would work this wonderfully, I never thought that. I was lost in my thoughts when Mr.Brien came, and also I started to smell the familiar mesmerizing scent, Jason.

"All right, gather up everyone," said Mr.Brien. "Oh, you are here Mr. Westwood. Why were you absent on the very first session?" he said staring straight at me.

"I came but then I suddenly started feeling sick so I left without noticing you. Sorry." I lied. What was I supposed to say? I just spat anything that came in my head.

"Ah. I thought you'd have found your mate. I was hoping for the good news but I guess we'll have to wait. Are you feeling all right today?" He asked. Why did he have to mention the mate part?

"Yes, I'm feeling perfectly fine," I replied. The scent was getting more and more intense so I knew that Jason is making his way to me. I feel really good today and I don't want to deal with him or end up in hospital.

"All right we are just doing the same routine as yesterday. Five rounds of the ground everyone." Instructed Mr.Brien and everyone started running. I did the same. The fragrance was not subsiding. I could feel Jason running right after me. What is up with him. At first, I thought he would just run past me so I slowed down a little but he did the same. He kept running like that for all the five-round. What does he expect, he tortured me for my entire life and now he acts all cheesy because I'm his mate. Not happening.

"All right everyone we are going to do the hand-to-hand fight training so everyone split up in a group of two, and as Mr. Westwood is here today, I don't think I'll have to be a partner of any of you. So, do it properly 'cuz I'm watching." Said Mr.Brien once we all gathered at the start line.

I was just standing there when I saw Jason coming over to me ignoring Emily who was asking him to partner up with her. I turned left and asked Jude who was the first person I saw, "wanna partner up with me?" I said. On a normal day, I'd just wait and the last person remaining would partner up with me but the situation is different today. I know there is almost a hundred percent chance he is gonna refuse but I don't have much choice right now. He was about to say something when he froze, his eyes looking over my head and I knew who was standing there.

I turned around and saw Jason who was giving him a deadly stare and the poor boy ran for his life.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You know exactly what I want. I want you to partner up with me."

"And why would I do that?"

"Oh come on. You know why." He replied with an obvious look.

"Oh but I don't know why. You know just forget everything that happened yesterday. Just forget that I turned sixteen. Let's just ignore each other as we did for the past six months, I don't want any business with you." I said and I could feel the anger boiling inside me. Vlad was not agreeing and howling angrily at me but I ignored him completely.

"You know we can't do that. We are -"

"Shhhhshhhh." I Pressed his mouth with my right hand before he could say the word. "Are you crazy? Someone will hear you." I could feel the tingling sensation on my hand, 'don't give in Owen' I said to myself. And felt his lips and tongue touching my palm. He kissed my hand. I took my hand away.

"Why not? It's true, they should know that you are my-" he said under a breath

"ShhhhShhhh..." I said again "don't you get what I'm saying. And why did you do that?" I said shocked.

"What did I do?" I asked with an innocent look like he didn't know what I was talking about.

"The thing you did just now. You know what you did." I said trying to keep my voice low but the anger is getting better of me.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I did not do anything, you grabbed my mouth." He replied with a grin.

He is teasing me, he is having fun.

"What do you want?" I asked whispering but the tone was still angry.

"You know what I want. Partner up with me." He replied.

I have no choice, he is not gonna give up. And I can't have anyone here finding out, if any one of them finds out then the news would spread like a forest fire and I'll never be able to leave this town. 'Bear it Owen. It's not that bad. Just one more month.' I said to myself.

"Fine. Just stop speaking." I told Jason while messaging my temples. For an instance, his face lighted up like that of a kid in front of a candy shop. ''Get a grip, Owen. What are you thinking?' I slapped myself mentally and started following Jason in the middle of the ground.

There's no way this is going to go smoothly.

Author's note:

Ya I know nothing much happened in this chapter but this might be a build up for something or it might be not, who knows...well I know.

what do you think of the story so far?

leave your thoughts in the comments.