Chapter XLI

I let you drift away

I needed you to stay

My love, where are you

•••

"What do you think about this?" He was on the edge of his seat as he asked her, barely masking his excitement. "It's the demo of our upcoming Japanese OST, Jin hyung said we'll need to work on the beat a bit more to develop a catchy tune but Tae suggested that we tweak it a bit and drag it a bit more while adjusting the bass, then we're good to go."

He was shining, he was a literal star.

That's all she could think about as she heard him talk about his work. Joon was actually glowing so brightly as he shared his progress with her. She loved how he kept going on and on about what he did and what he accomplished.

Looking at him made her forget about her struggle fitting in. She forgot about the odd looks she recieved from some strangers today. She forgot about the snide remarks of some staff as she stumbled in the hallway. She forgot how badly her meet up with his parents went today.

Saranya received a call yesterday from Joon's father regarding some lunch plans, she should've prepared herself when he requested her not to tell Namjoon anything about it. She should've prepared for the worse.

Everyday teaches her something new. At lunch with his parents today, she learnt that traditionally, the first born isn't allowed to marry a foreigner.

She learnt that no matter how perfect and native her Korean is, she is not going to fit in anywhe-

"Are you tired? Should we wind up and go home?" Joon interrupted her replay of unfortunate events of the day. "We can order takeout or I can make some spaghetti for us?"

I fit here, with him. She thought as she smiled softly, "Slow down Joon, I'm fine, I just thought how y'all would just make another paradox with this song. The beat might be catchy but after your last comeback, I am sure this won't be an EDM song when you come up with the lyrics."

"We don't always do that." He defended half heartedly as a blush creeped up his face.

"Sure you don't~ and thank you for your concern Namjoon-ah, we can leave when you're done for the day and takeout sounds good."