3 | friends? friends.

"HANEUL," TAEHYUNG SHOOK the female who was currently sleeping comfortably in the backseat of his car, cuddling his pomeranian who was nuzzled in her embrace, sleeping as well, "Wake up. We're here." He shook her again, but Haneul just shoves his hand away and grumbles under her breath, sleeping peacefully again. Taehyung sighed and shook her again, and then whispered, "You can sleep on the bed. It's way more comfortable. Wake up please? We just have to wait inside the elevator, and we'll reach home. Eomma has made food too," he tried to bribe his best friend, and his attempt was successful.

Haneul yawned and lifted her head up, and Taehyung smiled at the annoyed expression adorned on her face. "We'll get all your luggage later, let's get you home first," he said, helping her get out.

"Tannie," she sleepily called for the black fluffy ball and lifted him in her arms, leaning over to Taehyung.

Tahyung quickly locked his car, hooked an arm around his half-asleep best friend, and trudged towards the elevator.

Taehee opened the door just to spot her brother and his best friend which she absolutely adored, she wanted to scream and hug the life out of her. One may call her behavior a bit extreme, she preferred the term dramatic. Well, what would you expect from a person doing stage dramas since 10? Yeah, they think all the world is a metaphoric stage and all the men and women are merely players.

"Before you scream and wake her up, let us in," Taehyung drawls in a bored tone. As much as his sister is excited, Haneul is sleeping and he wouldn't want to wake her up.

"Why are you so rude?" Taehee rolled her eyes before letting them in, scowling at the male, "I would've sworn at you but it's your birthday so I'm letting you go," she said with a hiss.

Taehyung stuck out his tongue to tease her more, "I'm the older one here, little sis."

Taehee glared at him in anger and shouted, "Eomma!"

"Awh, is little sis running towards eomma for help? How sad," he pouted his lips to tease her further, pinching her cheek a bit too harshly.

"I hate you," she pushed his shoulder and stormed out of there to the guest bedroom up the stairs, muttering under her breath.

"But I love you!" Taehyung shouted, satisfied with the exchange. Being the older, he had some different joy in teasing his younger siblings. It was always fun to see them huffing and puffing in anger, especially when he taunted them. Well, every older sibling lives in the delusion that they've been pampered less than the younger ones, and even though they are the most trouble makers, the blame always goes on to the youngers, who apparently are reckless. Just the perks of being older.

"Mm I love you too," Haneul sleepily muttered, clinging more unto him, and he chuckled. Carefully taking Tannie out of her hands, he placed him on the couch and started walking towards his room, but a rather weird species of human who also went by the title Taehyung's best friend said, "Lift me."

"We're literally five steps from my room, and you want me to lift you? Sometimes I wonder why you're my best friend."

"Shh you're noisy," she said, practically transferring all her weight on his body, "Lift me."

Taehyung sighed, lifting her in his arms, her legs wrapped around his waist, stepping into the stairs which lead into his small room, "You're lucky you have me, sleepyhead."

"Mhm," Haneul said sleepily, yawning, "I am one lucky bitch."

"Exactly."

***

"Hey? Are you new here?" the little girl with her hair tied into braids asked a boy who was sitting below a tree in the massive playground of their school, a volleyball clutched between his petite frame.

"Yes. This is my new school," he said, looking over to children from his class playing together on the ground. It was hard to mix up into a group of friends, especially when you are the new one.

"I see," she said, eyeing the ball in his hands, "Would you like to join us? We're three, and we just need one more person to form even teams."

"Really? You would play with me?" the boy asked, his brown eyes hopeful. "Will you be my friend?"

"Yes! I can be your friend, and we can play catch with your ball. So, are you coming?" she smiled at him, offering him a hand to get up.

"Okay! What is your name?" he asked her as they walked towards two other friends waiting for them.

"I'm Haneul. And yours?"

"I'm Taehyung, but you can call me Tae!" he exclaimed enthusiastically. "Hi!" he waves at the two new people after they halt in front of them.

"Tae, this is Jimin and May," the girl now known as Haneul introduces to her two friends, "And this is Taehyung! He can be our new friend!"

"Hi, Taehyung!" Jimin says, smiling, "Let's play!"

↷↷↷↷↷↷↷

author's note:

it might feel like i'm extending taehyung's birthday for quite a while, but it is necessary for the story.

just for a reminder, it's still afternoon where the events take place, and we'll have one or two chapters for the evening of the thirtieth, and then more for the thirty-first and first. it is very important, so please don't be concerned about why i'll be dragging on those three days a lot. it'll all make sense, I promise!

also, thank you for reading, stay tuned! i promise the further chapters will be longer.

see ya in the next one, x

(edit: I'm sorry i was still very much new to this writing thing so the initial chapters are kinda meh but i promise it gets better. I'm just to lazy to rewrite lmao)