Chapter : 34

Changing.

"What bothered Dan so much about the cabin? Why did he freak out like that?" Sipping on his coffee, Nihal keeps thinking as he sits on the sofa in the balcony.

"I can't believe you left him alone with that desperate girl. What is wrong with you bhai?" Maya's voice startles him but he doesn't turn his face to look at her.

"I have some liabilities Maya. I can't keep acting like a bodyguard to him, specially when he's with Vasudha. He is the sanest when he is around her, trust me. You need to stop overthinking." He says.

"You are doing this deliberately, aren't you? You just want to piss me off? Or is it some kind of a revenge strategy?" Maya asks taking a seat right beside him. Her words manage to seek his attention enough as he finally turns to look at her.

"Did you just say revenge strategy? Revenge? Have you lost your mind Maya? You know very well I care for him more than anyone in this world. You don't even know him, can't even notice the change in his character. Then what gave you the idea that you love him? Stubbornness is not love Maya. Grow up and try to see past the fake success you're running behind. Marrying him has become another "target to be fulfilled" for you." Nihal stands up from the sofa and attempts to move out of the balcony.

"Impossible! It was my mistake to ever consider talking to you regarding this matter. This is my issue and I know how to deal with it. I have called him. He'll be coming back home day after tomorrow." She says standing from the sofa as well.

"What?! Why?!" Nihal asks.

"Probably you're forgetting that Kolkata is just another outlet, our main operations are handled from Delhi, that hasn't changed yet, fortunately. He needs to be here to complete a few urgent tasks at hand." She says and leaves the balcony.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Yes, send her inside." Ekansh says pressing a button on his intercom.

A few minutes later a girl with a head full of curls enters his cabin.

"Hello Mr. Sachdev." Zoya greets Ekansh with a smile.

"Hello, please have a seat." He offers as she takes the chair opposite to his.

"Sorry to bother you sir, I am Zoya Ayad. Vasudha's friend. Abhayendra Roy? She's his sister. I made an appointment fifteen days ago." She explains. As if immediately his eyes change from blank to curious. Yes, he does remember this girl from one of those videos. The unnecessary protest they were doing, this one is obviously one of them.

"Yes, tell me Zoya." He offers.

"Actually, I was looking for Vasudha. It would be better if I say 'searching'. One fine day, she suddenly went out in search of Abhay da. She hasn't returned yet, neither did she communicate to any of us. I was thinking, because she came to you previously, regarding the same matter, can you recall meeting her within the last few months?" She asks.

"To be honest, even I visited her place in search of her but she wasn't there anymore. Although she didn't meet me, I got to hear from my sources that she was last seen with Mr. Ojas Kashyap, one of Mr. Danuj D's right hand men. Although I have no idea what she might have needed from a man like him." He says furrowing his eyebrows. "Or did she really need something? Do you have any idea?" He asks Zoya who is seemingly drowning in her own thoughts after hearing Ojas's name.

"Can you please tell me when was the last time someone saw her with Ojas?" Zoya asks, finally looking at him.

"I hope I can. Wait." He says as he brings his cell phone out of his pocket and calls someone. "When did you last see her?" He asks over the phone as Zoya keeps listening to his conversation keenly and after hearing everything she finally says,