04. Hit on a Girl

Rose smiles under a hot shower, not knowing that someone has come for her soul. The killer aims into the gap between the curtains, raises the knife... Tim, lying on the couch, puts down hands from his ears and opens eyes.

A phantom blade cuts through the air centimeters away from the wet body of the beautiful Rose. Tim throws back the shinigami who came for her soul.

That is Big Jim.

Jim bounces off the wall, and immediately slams the green-eyed reaper. The killer tries to stab the girl again, but Tim blocks the attack and kicks Big Jim out of the bathroom – into the living room.

Jim gets up from the fall, cracks his neck, glares angrily at Tim who is coming out of the bathroom.

"What a surprise?! I didn't think I'd meet you here. I thought you were just wandering around the city and spitted on a mission. But what I found – even better... violator! Delinquent shinigami. Trying to protect her? You know the rules..."

"..."

"But really, I have to thank you. Now I can officially finish you... and your girlfriend."

Tim draws his sword from the sheath behind his back. The short blade fits comfortably in the palm of the right hand. Both angels of death are in readiness.

The sound of flowing water stops. Rose comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

The towel falls off her. Guys WOWs.

О_О

Rose leans...

Big Jim rushes at her with a knife, but Tim manages to block his way.

As Rose paces back and forth around the room, drying her hair, the two Shinigami fight among themselves for her life and death.

They cannot be seen or heard. They can touch objects, stand on them, crash into them, but they cannot affect them. Nothing will happen to the objects or creatures of the world of the living. The only exception is wind magic, which can interact with the world of the living. And a shinigami weapon capable of separating the soul from the body.

The blades of death constantly hover around the unaware girl. After another round, the green-eyed shinigami once again throws the big guy.

"You're not as bad as I thought, kid!" says Big Jim, cracking his neck.

"And you, as I thought, are a complete moron."

"Arrrrrgh!"

Enraged, Jim attacks with double force. His knife transforms into a sword. Tim hardly fights back.

The big guy knocks Tim's blade out of his hands. Close combat ensues as they roll across the floor. They fight. Jim still has his sword in one hand. One touch of the blade is enough for one of them to vanish from this world... Tim is in danger.

Rose dries her hair in front of a mirror with a pivot mechanism (adjustable angle). Two shinigami continue to fight on the floor. Green-eyed loses... Big Jim hits the opponent and rushes forward to Rose, but Tim manages to grab his leg. The big guy falls, Tim holds him tight.

Big Jim looks at Rose, looks at Tim, smiles, swings his sword... Tim sees it and blows the wind with all his might... A squall of air hits the bottom of the mirror on the pivot mechanism, and it furiously hits Rose from above on the head, like a tennis ball during serving. The girl falls down. Big Jim's sword flies over her.

Wow! What a Safe! Slide under the tag!

Rose screams in pain and resentment. Tim is happy. Jim is angry. And I'm laughing out loud!