08. I wish I could fly

The red tunnel led handsome Naz and Rose into a dark room. The deeper they plunged into the darkness, the more impenetrable it became. Loud romantic music drowned out their steps, and they could not hear that they were not alone in the room. Big Jim walked a little behind, biding his time to strike Rose with his blade.

Maybe now? Or now? Or give her the opportunity to complete the game? No, she's already lived longer than she should have.

Big Jim pulls out his blade and... parries a slashing blow from the other blade. The green-eyed shinigami pushes the angel of death aside and stands up, blocking his path to Rose, who sinks deeper into darkness and disappears from view.

The red glow at the far end of the room attracts Rose and Naz like the moths are attracted to light. Naz walks towards it and smiles, anticipating his victory. He knows that in such darkness Rose cannot see his smile, and he knows that there is no other way to leave the room than to fulfill the requirement of the game. Handsome Naz didn't see Rose either, but he felt a woman's footsteps next to him.

A captivating glow emanated from the luminous figure of kissing lovers. Cute statuette. And below was the inscription: "Love takes you through a dark world and guides you into the light."

Everything is clear, in order for the doors to open, you need to kiss. There must be infrared sensors installed here. But Naz was not interested in the technical side of the issue, he was only interested in the long-awaited kiss for which he had come all this way. She will be mine!

She won't be yours! At the other end of the dark room, Tim fights Big Jim, trying to end the duel as quickly as possible. But it doesn't come out. Faster, faster, otherwise Rose... otherwise Naz... otherwise he'll steal the kiss...

Naz reached out and touched a soft female hand, gently took it and pulled to him.

No! No! Strike! Hit! Parry! Come on...

Naz gently wraps his other hand around her neck and leans in for a kiss...

No! CLASH! Tim repels the attack and for the third time in a day pins Jim to the floor, and hits him on the head with a sword with the words: "Sayonara, Jim-san!"

Yes! Finally, all opponents are defeated. Tim runs into the darkness, but the bright light coming from the opened door blinds him. Oh no! This means the game is over. It means that...

A woman's silhouette appears in the doorway, Tim looks up and recognizes it as Rose. It's Rose, at the door. Alone... But then who?

Away from Rose, nearby the luminous figures of lovers, the man and the woman were passionately kissing. Their eyes are closed and they pay no attention to the bright beams of light rushing in from the door where Rose came out. Naz opens his eyes and is horrified to realize that it wasn't Rose, who was next to him all this time. The Baroque woman smiles, stroking his strong arms. His strong, shining in the rays of light, biceps.

* * *

The joint evening of four Parisians ended surprisingly quickly after close encounters of the third kind between the handsome Naz and his fateful mistress from the Baroque era.

Rose said goodbye to her friends and took a walk through the winding streets of evening Paris. It ended up being a good evening. Her mood has risen. Yesterday's incident was forgotten, and the bump on the head from the blow with the mirror no longer hurt.

A pleasant breeze reminded her of the painting, the green-eyed man and her favorite landscape. It must be magical there right now.

She saw them again – those sad, but so dearly beloved green eyes. The image of a mysterious guy in black now clearly appeared in her imagination. She saw the glow of his eyes against the starry sky above the city of love.