Chapter 32

Because of my mom's cooking, the girls decided to have a sleepover so they could try mom's breakfast food. My mom was happy enough to say yes and even prepared their sleeping bags in my room. She stayed a little longer to ask what we wanted for breakfast and she's giggling the whole time hearing them praise her cooking. I couldn't even say a single word without mom interrupting me. At that point, I was ready to trade rooms with her.

After my mom said goodnight, we watched The Conjuring which was suggested by Winter although no one was really paying attention to the movie. I fell asleep because Lia was gently stroking my hair while the lovebirds were playing Call of Duty on their phones. My best friend thought it would be a good idea to watch a horror movie with three people but wasn't brave enough to watch it fully. I don't mind horror movies, but the sweet caress of the girl beside me made me fall asleep and I didn't know what happened next.

I woke up to the sound of small snores coming from my best friend's mouth and quiet breaths from Lia. The blanket was barely covering her body so I fixed it. Looking out my window, I was greeted by a dark sky, I looked over to my alarm clock and saw that it was already 5:30 in the morning. Just in time to see the sunrise.

I quietly and slowly got up from my bed. With a smile on my face, I planted a kiss on her forehead that made her shuffle a bit. I grabbed my jacket on the chair and put it on. It was chilly outside and I didn't want to catch a cold. I went to the bathroom and opened the window that has access to the roof.

The wind blew past my face, causing me to zip my jacket up. This is what I always do when I don't have any plans for the day. I get up around 5 a.m. to watch the sunrise. My body was used to waking up at this hour so I didn't need an alarm to wake me up.

I sat down on the roof, watching the beautiful neighborhood. The streetlights were still on, as well as the lights in other houses.

Moments later, I heard a shuffling noise behind me. Turning my head around, I saw Lia with tired eyes walking towards me with a sleepy smile. I made a space for her to sit on, dusting the surface.

"What are you doing here?" She asked with a husky voice.

"Came here to watch the sunrise," I smiled.

"May I join you?"

I gave her a quick kiss on the lips, thinking how cute she is and that she's still asking for permission, "You don't have to ask, you know? You're always welcome to join me, Lia,"

"So, can I also join you while you take a shower later?" She cocked an eyebrow, smirking at me.

"While everyone is under the same roof? Yeah, I'll pass," She pouted, then I added, "Unless we're at your house, then you can always join me,"

"That's good enough for me."

I nudged her shoulder, chuckling as I shook my head, "What about you, huh? You should be sleeping right now,"

She ran down her hand on my thigh, "I felt a little cold. I woke up and saw that you weren't beside me anymore. I saw the bathroom door was and thought that you went up here, so I checked if you were."

"And now you're with me again," I grinned.

She intertwined our fingers together, "That just made me realize how clingy I am,"

I pushed my head back as I laughed, "You just realized it now?"

"I'm not observant when it comes to the things I do, okay?" She huffed out a breath.

"Well, I am and you're definitely clingy. You're like a leech," I smirked.

"Wow. It's only almost 6 a.m. and you're already annoying me,"