Chapter-56

(Later in the evening, Riya comes home at around 07:00 PM and stays in the room the whole evening

(Later in the evening, Riya comes home at around 07:00 PM and stays in the room the whole evening. She sits in the balcony, lost in deep thoughts about all that happened today. After half an hour, the room door opens, and Manik enters. He looks around for her and sighs when he finds her sitting in the balcony, thinking something. He goes to the bathroom to get changed and then sits next to her on the couch in the balcony.)

Manik- Hey.

(Manik's voice breaks Riya's trance and she looks on, confused at him.)

Riya- Manik... tum kab aaye? And you have changed too?

[Riya- Manik... When did you come? And you have changed too?]

Manik- Hmm. I came inside when you were lost in some deep thoughts. Then got changed and came here.

Riya- Ohh... okay.

(They look at each other and share a small smile, and he initiates the conversation.)

Manik- You don't want to talk about it?

Riya (teary eyed)- I don't know what to say about it, Manik. Aisa lagta hai ki I try to take 1 step forward in life, and my past pulls me 10 steps back. I try to make myself understand ki things are changing now and changing for good, but... I just don't know. Thoda sa kuch normal hota hai aur phir se sab square one pe chala jaata hai.

[Riya (teary eyed)- I don't know what to say about it, Manik. I try to take 1 step forward in life, and my past pulls me 10 steps back. I try to make myself understand that things are changing now and changing for good, but... I just don't know. It becomes normal for a while, and then everything goes back to square one.]

Manik (sighing)- The past. The horrific past. Years back, when everything happened, and Aditi's real face came in front of me, I lost all hope. She was the one person I trusted the most, and she made my life the most dreadful. Mom Dad ko to maine shuru se sab karte dekha tha, but she was supportive initially, and when everything happened, it was a major blow. And I lost everything. Parents se leke passion tak, sab kuch.

[Manik (sighing)- The past. The horrific past. Years back, when everything happened, and Aditi's real face came in front of me, I lost all hope. She was the one person I trusted the most, and she made my life the most dreadful. I knew about Mom and Dad already, but she was supportive initially, and when everything happened, it was a major blow. And I lost everything. Everything from parents to passion.]

Riya- You never tried painting again, Manik?

Manik- I wanted to. I badly wanted to. It was my only peace. But mere khud ke parents ne uske saath itni buri yaadein jod-di ki kabhi dubara himaat hi nahi huyi kuch karne ki. But tumhe humesha se doctor hi banna tha? What were your hobbies?