TWELVE | School?

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

"You bitch!"

My eyes widen as I see his fist raise up in the air. No. Please. Don't hit me again. His fist smashes across my face and I grunt.

I lay on the floor with my eyes closed. This is it. My father is going to kill me.

He punches me over and over again and I just take it.

"Finally. She's dead."

He gets up and walks away.

My eyelids peel open and with all the strength I have left, I get up. I look and everything is blurry. I take a moment to compose myself, before grabbing a knife.

I grip the knife hard in my hand.

I limp to the living room and see him sitting there. He really thought he killed me and went to relax right after?

I'm going to fucking kill him.

I sneak up behind him, biting my tongue so I don't make a noise from the pain that's running through my body.

I raise the knife up in the air and stare down at him. He's absolutely clueless. I stab him in the chest.His body tenses and then go limp, laying on the couch. I take the knife from his chest and drop it to the ground.

I watch as blood weeps out of his body.

This time I feel no remorse.

I groan as the sunlight hits my face. Pulling the covers over my head, I hear a voice, "Not a morning person I see." Immediately I sit up and see Lorenzo standing in front of my bed.

My mind goes to my bruises straight away. I quickly get out of my bed and go into my bathroom and look in the mirror.

I sigh in relief.

They're not showing.

Fuck. That dream. It's making me feel paranoid. I know I get dreams about killing my father over and over again. It's always a different version that always ends up with me screaming and crying. This time there wasn't one ounce of regret.

I sigh.

Stop. Thinking. About. It.

I glance at Lorenzo. He leans on the doorframe, watching me.

"Your hair is a mess," he points out.

I narrow my eyes at him, "I'm sorry that I didn't wake up beautiful as sleeping beauty did."

Wait, he's holding something. Is that my school uniform?

"Is today my first day of school?"

He nods.