60: It's time

THEA'S P.O.V

You know that feeling when something is about to happen? That's how I felt right now.

The first thing I felt when I woke up was this pain in my stomach. Panic rushed into me at the thought that I might go into labor soon. I was not due until the next 2 weeks, at least that was what Elisa told me the last time we had an appointment. So I was not sure what this pain was. Hopefully it was nothing serious.

I rolled over to another side to find an empty side beside me. Arthur had left to New York two days ago to attend a charity event, and won't be back until tomorrow. I couldn't go with him as I was not allowed to go by plane due to my physical condition. It was hard being away from him, I kept missing him over and over again.

I tried to sit up and rubbed my belly to ease the pain, usually it will lessen the pain. Letting out a deep sigh, I was trying to control my breath. It was only 7 in the morning and I had a feeling it's going to be a long day for me. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table to receive a from Arthur.

I've missed you. Text me when you wake up. I love you xx   - it was sent 3 hours ago.

I smiled then quickly typed a reply.

I've missed you too. Can't wait for you to come back. Have a good sleep my love xxx

It was around 2 in the morning in New York right now, I was not sure if he was still awake. I charged my phone then headed to the bathroom to do my business. I was heavily pregnant now, 39 weeks with twins. I could barely do anything on my own as I carried 2 humans inside of me at the same time, 3 with my own. Normally I would use this excuse to get clingy around Arthur, which he found it amusing.

"Good morning, Thea." Jane smiled when she saw me walking into the kitchen. She was cooking breakfast as I took a seat on the chair. "Do you want some tea?"

I shook my head. "Just water please, my stomach hurts."

I kept rubbing my stomach but the pain wouldn't go, it even felt worse instead. I rested my back on the back of the chair, letting out a sigh. I didn't want to panic. Having your stomach hurt when you are 39 weeks pregnant must be normal. I didn't want to overreact. Jane helped massaging my back as I ate my breakfast, it was soothing for me. Jane had always been here with, helping me during my pregnancy, it felt like I had my mum with me.

"The twins are going to be lucky to have you as their mother."

"Yeah? How is that?"

"Their mother is one tough woman I have met in my entire life. Their mother is a sweet, loving woman who loves her family," she kept massaging my back, it made me feel better. "And I'm glad that I got to watch their mother grew into a beautiful, kind-hearted woman."

I smiled at her words. "Oh Jane, I love you so much. Thank you for being so kind to me, for all the help you gave me since I joined this family. You absolutely mean so much to me."

"I love you too, Thea. I've always loved you like my own daughter. I can't wait to hold the twins."

That made me chuckled. "They are gonna love you so much for sure."

After having my breakfast, which took me an hour to finish because my stomach hurt, I finally went back to my room and sat down on the bed, taking my phone to see if Arthur had replied to my text, which he didn't. He's probably asleep right now.

I took one of my books and read it, there's nothing I could really do now anyway so reading is my only way to kill the time. And I have run out of books to read, as I managed to read at least one book in a day. My stomach started to ache again, and I tried my best not to overthink about it. I closed the book I was currently reading and laid down on the bed. Putting my hand over my belly, I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. And I did, as the darkness started to consume me.