CHAPTER 6. A Show Of Emotion

The rest of the day, I was followed around by Shade and Faith as the whole school erupted into chaos and rumors.

After all, it's not every day a teacher is fired on the spot. I had actually enjoyed spending time with Faith and her friends at lunch, and Shade's unique sense of lifestyle.

It had been over all one of the best days of my life, until, as I was closing my locker one last time, a certain vampire stomped through the front door.

"Oh gods," I whispered and ducked behind a corner as students whispered and gasped as he scanned the hall before storming into the principals office.

"Who's the hot guy? Your boyfriend?" Faith whispered, following my lead and hiding. I wrinkled my nose.

"No, that's my guardian, River," I whispered back and frowned. "Wonder why he's here though,"

"Probably because the principal called him," I glanced at Shade, who stood in the open, holding a lollipop. "He doesn't want to get sued, and had to call your parent."

I scoffed. "First of all, he's not my parent, second," I looked at the emergency exit. "I need to get out of here before he starts lecturing me in front of all the students."

Faith raised her hand. "I can give you a ride,"

I grinned. "Bet, let's go,"

***

I strained and began pulling myself through a window. I gasped as my weight finally moved me forward and I tumbled inside and across the floor.

I landed on shoes and slowly looked up. Lion looked me, his arms crossed. "Hey..." I got to my knees and crawled to the door. "I'm just gonna-"

"I don't think so," Lion grabbed the back of my shirt and lifted me up. "You have some explaining to do."

I scowled and tried to kick him. "Let go, I don't want-"

"To bad, no one cares what you want," an angry voice drawled. I froze and looked at the door, where Cross was glaring at me.

"I fucking noticed," I snapped and even when I managed to kick Lion with my boots, he wasn't even fazed.

I made an angry sound of frustration as he dragged me towards the living room. "Let go, I can freaking walk!" I exclaimed and gasped when Lion suddenly let me go.

I fell to my knees and glared at the two vampires on either side of me. "What is your fucking problem?!" I demanded, growing increasingly annoyed and upset.

I froze when Cross bent down and grabbed my chin sharply. I glared hatefully into his eyes, sick and tired of the manhandling.

"What do you fucking think?" He asked coldly, eyes flashing with anger.

I tried to move my head back, but Lion grabbing my shoulders and Cross's strong grip left me stuck between them.

My cheeks burned with anger and something else as I shifted, attempting to move away. "I- don't know what you're talking about!" I snapped.

Cross looked furious. "So you haven't been getting hit by your psychotic math teacher?"

I paused and swallowed. "Uh, well -" I gasped, spine going stiff as Lion's hands tightened.

"Why the fucking hell didn't you tell anyone?" Lion hissed in my ear. I squeezed my eyes closed and felt myself tremble.

"Because I didn't want you to know, I wanted to handle it myself. Besides, would you have even believed me anyway?" My voice cracked and I heard a short exclamation of surprise.

I looked to the side, Cross letting go of my face, and Fin stared at me in utter shock.

"I'm going to ignore the threesome vibes over here," Fin blinked and looked at Lion's firm hands on my shoulders. My face flushed crimson.

"Shut the fuck up, Lion, let go of me," I tried to get to my feet, but Lion easily held me down.

"Yeah, I don't think so princess," Cross sneered at me. "You have some explaining that needs to happen now."

I swallowed and glanced at Fin nervously, suddenly wishing at River was here, so he would put a stop to this. Fin actually started walking away, making my eyes go wide.

"Fin, where are you going?" I asked in panic as my hands rose to try to pry Lion's off. Fin glanced back and smiled.

"You can go ahead and tell them how you feel, work out the anger," he saluted and walked down the hall.

I sputtered and made a sound of annoyance as I couldn't budge his grip. Stupid vampires strength can kiss my ass. I thought bitterly and looked Cross in the eye.

"What can I say, to make you let me go?" My voice was dry, but on the inside I was panicking a little. I didn't like it when they did this, I was completely powerless, they could do whatever they wanted to me.

"You can tell us," Cross whispered darkly and knelt down, his eyes meeting mine as he slowly moved to my ear. "What the fuck has been happening at school,"

I felt an odd shiver run down my spine as I squeezed my eyes closed and turned my head away from Cross. "You never believed me, why should I tell you anything now?" I asked and Lion's hands tightened considerably.

"Raven, tell us," Lion told me, his hair brushing the back of my neck. "We can-"

"You can do nothing!" I interrupted, breathing unevenly. "I can handle it myself, I don't want-" an odd whimper suddenly left my lips when Cross's fingers touched the front of my throat, applying pressure.

"Since when has that worked out for you?" Cross asked darkly, meeting my gaze. My lower lip trembled and I swallowed anxiously.

"What the hell is going on over here?" At the sound of River's voice, both vampires quickly moved back out of reflex.

At the sight of the blue eyed vampire, I did something I would most definitely be ashamed of later.

I burst into tears and started sobbing on the floor, covering my eyes with my hands. River knelt down and pulled me into his arms, and for once, I didn't struggle.

"Raven," River murmured my name and gently stroked my hair.

I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest. It was totally random, but in my emotional state, I started spilling my guts out.

"Why does no one ever believe me?" I asked and closed my eyes tightly, holding River as if he would disappear. "I'm so fucking lonely," I sobbed and dug my nails into his shirt.

"Oh Raven," River whispered and kissed the top of my head.

"Everyone in my grade hates me, and the teachers are so unfair- it's not my fault no one likes me, I don't want to act like everyone," my chest heaved. "I'm so tired of this, I want it all to stop," I wiped my eyes and sniffed slowly looking at River, eyes puffy and wet.

"I wish you would have just told me you were being bullied," River tucked hair behind my ear and looking at me with tenderness that stole my breath. "Much to contrary belief, I would do just about anything for you, Raven."

I looked away from those eyes. "E-even homeschool me?"

River paused. "Do you really want that?" More tears ran down my cheeks.

"I don't know," I mumbled and my fingers shifted from his shoulders to wipe my face again. "I'm tired," I told him and he kissed the top of my head.

"Then let's get you to bed, we can talk when you've gotten some good sleep." River told me softly.