Extra Chapter: Unrequited

This was an idea by the reader _SpillTheTia

This was an idea by the reader _SpillTheTia . Since you guys are still mourning Archer, I thought maybe I should make you cry just a little bit more :p

I haven't written in 2 months, please excuse my dry writing.

Comment 🧀

_____

Unrequited(adv.) -(of a feeling, especially love) not returned.

"...as long as nothing happens between them, the memory is cursed with what hasn't happened."
― Marguerite Duras

December 18th, 2021

She watched him from afar.

Her small frame veiled by the shadows, blending into invisibility, a small cup in her hand nursing long cold coffee she had absolutely no interest in. Instead, she looked at the man to whom her heart belonged to.

Archer Theodore Estevan.

In a crowd of people, he shone like a light. In the glisten of charms and gold, he was a man with his own ray that radiated brighter than any sun.

The scintillating beauty of it, captured her heart entirely since she was a freshman.

She took a gulp of the now cold coffee.

How long had it been? 5 years?

5 miserable years.

5 years since her stupid crush on a man who probably didn't even know she existed.

Such bright lights leave no place for darkness to thrive. She was a shadow and his existence was her bane.

A shaky breath, an exhale, a long pause. He talked on the phone, animatedly, a smile here and there. He was so beautiful, it hurt to look at him.

Sleeves rolled upwards, showing his veins, ink hair tousled back, he looked exhausted. Dark circles were displayed, he looked like a man of 40 rather than a man of 25.

Is he okay? She questioned herself, then again, brushed away the thought. He was an overworked workaholic, or so he tried to convince everyone. Deep down she knew he needed a break.

His work table had a framed photo of Maldives for fuck's sake.

She wasn't deceived by his flashy smiles or extravagant display of life. She knew he was searching for something, the craving of the said something showed in his hollow eyes everytime he smiled.

It was to camouflage in the world of viper-like chameleons.

Being his assistant, she knew that he had to take the responsibility of his big brother who was blind.