48.

Mandira entered Aditya's chamber with Mohini behind her.

"Oh gods have mercy !" Mohini gasped as she saw her brother lying lifeless on the bed.

"Mohini control." Dev said as he held his sister, Mohini cried looking at their older brother lying like the dead.

"Is he any better." Mandira asked Dev as she looked at Aditya. Her eyes skimming from over Maheen who sat there staring into space, her eyes red and puffy.

"No improvement maa, if anything he is slipping." Dev croaked pinching his eyes. He had never felt so helpless.

"Sab sahi hoga, aur wahi hoga jo sahi hogi." (Everything will be alright, and only the right thing will happen whatever happens.)

Mandira walked towards Aditya and places her hand on his forehead and stroked his hair.

"You were brave, you've always been brave. I pray to god that you don't suffer as your story ends." She said.

"Ye kya keh rahi hai aap ?" It was like Maheen was hit by a lightening bolt (What are you saying)
"How can you say something like this." Maheen raised her voice. "Are you wishing death on your son rather than praying for his life ? What kind of a mother are you ?" She screeched.

"Lower your voice you filth." Mandira snapped looking at Maheen with rage. "You don't talk to me like that."

"And you don't talk about my husband like that, he is going nowhere, he is going to be fine."

"Maa why ar-."

"I'm being realistic, he doesn't have much time." Mandira said looking at Aditya.

"Shut up!" Maheen screamed getting off the bed she walked toward Mandira standing in front of her looking at her in the eye. "If you have no blessing to give or prayers to make for my Adi, don't curse him, don't wish him death."

"He is going to die."

"Enough." Maheen yelled. "Get out of here." She said pointing at the door.

"You filth you don't -."

Maheen held Mandira's arm and dragged her towards the door. Mohini, Dev and Mangal watched Maheen with wide eyes, stunned at what the queen mother had said and what the queen was doing.

"Get out of here and don't step in till Aditya wakes up." Maheen said and closed the door on Mandira's face.

She walked back towards the bed and looked at Aditya's unconscious form. Taking in a deep breath she tried to control her emotions.

Maheen turned to look at Dev who watched her stunned along with the others.

"While your brother is sick, you must look after the political functioning of the kingdom. I will too but I need time for now." Maheen said and Dev nodded.

"Don't worry Maheen I will." Dev said placing his hand on Mohini's shoulder who looked dazed. "Do we tell the people that Bhai is unwe-."

"No." Maheen said at once. "As much as I'd want everyone to pray for him, we can't afford an unrest at this point and I don't want to spoil this festival for others, so don't. Matter of time before Aditya becomes alright." She said, hoping that her words become true.

"Alright. We'll.. we'll give you some space." Dev said and Maheen nodded at him thankfully.

Dev guided Mohini outside, followed by Mangal closing the door behind them.

Maheen walked towards the bed and took Aditya's hand in between her own and sat on the floor.

"Please, please wake up Adi." She cried. "I can't do this without you, I can't, I don't want to."