T H I R T Y F O U R

Everyone is currently eating breakfast in the kitchen

Everyone is currently eating breakfast in the kitchen. We awoke early because Celina suggested we go to the beach and enjoy our final day here. Aleah was no longer here because Manny had told her to leave, but his son remained with him.

I'm glad to be leaving because I don't have time for Manny's baby mother insecurities, but I'm also pissed because I know I'll have to do a lot of things for Manny once I get back to LA, and that detective might start questioning me again, and all of that annoying stuff. Except for Spooky, everyone was still getting their food. He was the first to finish his meal.

Spooky entered the living room and placed his feet on the coffee table. "Aye, Celina, what's popping on TV?"

Celina cast a death glare at Spooky. "If you don't take your feet off my table, I'll be popping the shit out of you."

"I apologize, ma'am." Spooky mumbled.

We all burst out laughing, and Spooky quickly removed his feet from the table.

Spooky continues to change channels. When he turned on the news channel, the breaking news sound drew everyone's attention. Santiago's picture appeared on the screen. Spooky, Rubi, Manny, and I exchanged glances.

"Breaking News: The biggest drug dealer in Mexico, Santiago Pope, has been found murdered in his own home. A couple of other people were discovered dead on the scene by the police officer. Witnesses said Santiago was having a pool party when they heard shots and saw people fleeing his home. Please contact us right away if you have any information about this murder." According to the news reporter.

Spooky raised the remote to the television, indicating that he is about to turn it. "I'm pretty sure this isn't significant."

"Wait a minute, isn't that dad's enemy?" Camila said, perplexedly pointing to the television.

Celina turned to face Manny. "Manny, this better not be the pool party you guys mentioned the other night?"

I face palm myself because I can tell this is going to turn into an argument. Manny was sipping his drink, indicating that he was unconcerned about his mother's question.

"So what if it is? What happened to him was his fault." Manny said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Danny gave Manny a sidelong glance. "Do you mean to tell me you went and took care of some business without me?"

Manny clenched his teeth. "I didn't want you to get hurt."

Miguel looked around, perplexed. "How come I didn't go? I was all set to blow somebody shit back."