Chapter 25

"Rise and shine,"

Camila pulled the covers over her head when an ungodly amount of sunlight beams through her bedroom windows, groaning dramatically.

"Leave me the fuck alone,"

"Come on, it's almost three o'clock," Lauren nudged her.

Upon realizing who it is, Camila stopped her resistance. "How'd you get in?"

"The doorman still has a crush on me in case you were wondering," Lauren pulled the covers completely down.

She had woken up hours ago, running home to have a quick shower and change into a new pair of clothes before coming back to make Camila breakfast in bed.

"I don't recall inviting you over," Camila said, searching for water to satisfy the dryness in her mouth.

The raven-haired woman held out a glass of orange juice along with some aspirin. "Because you didn't. You thought it'd be better to drink half of your body weight and celebrate alone. I'm guessing you don't remember anything else either?"

Camila winced, taking the pills and juice with a sheepish smile on her face. "I'm sorry,"

"I should be the one apologizing," Lauren frowned, somewhat grateful that the brunette didn't remember her confession of love.

"How about we just call it even?"

"Deal," Lauren gestured to the tray full of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. "I made you breakfast in bed. My grandmother used to make me banana pancakes every year for my birthday, so... I figured you'd like it too."

"My birthday's over," Camila put the tray on her lap. "But thank you, anyway. It means a lot."

"I just wish you told me it was actually your birthday. We could've done something together."

She poured a bit of syrup over the pancakes before cutting into them. "You don't have to feel bad, it's alright. I'm serious."

"Well, you should probably take a shower and get dressed once you're done eating. We have a long day ahead of us."

"We?" Camila looked up from her food.

"I called Gwen earlier and let her know that you weren't coming in today. She already canceled your meetings and is finishing up all of the paperwork you didn't get to yesterday."

"Lauren, what the fuck?"

The older woman narrowed her eyes at Camila. "You thought I'd let you get off the hook for lying about your birthday that easily? No way. You're stuck with me for the whole day. It's your birthday part two."

-

"My legs are killing me," Camila whined. "How much longer?"

"We're almost there, stop being such a baby."

"You're not the one carrying these heavy ass bags!"

Lauren turned around abruptly, grabbing one of them out of Camila's hands. "There. Happy?"

"No because I don't want you to carry it either," she snatched it back. "Are you going to kill me in the woods or something?"

"Nobody would find you here if I did," Lauren grinned.

"Lauren..."

"I'm kidding! We're..." Lauren paused, pulling Camila closely behind her. "Finally here,"

In front of them is a large cabin lightly covered in the snow that had yet to melt—an old man on the front porch was waving them over, his inviting smile doing all the talking for him.