Chapter 40

Dark clouds covered the sun, and the wind swayed.

The oil-paper umbrella in Li Ruoshui's hand was blown to and fro, but it was still able to cover the rain, so that her face was not covered with rain.

What's the matter with this rain? It was too dramatic, and she unconsciously played clips from the TV series in her mind.

Now she really wanted to say "Listen to me explain", but the words made her swallow them back several times.

There's no good explanation for this. Whether it's from her or Lu Zhi's point of view, neither of them is wrong, it's just that their ideas don't fit together.

The most important thing to do now is to let him understand himself.

"It's true that I asked you. I will definitely leave the Zheng family, but I will only leave after a few days. Isn't that okay?"

——Isn't that possible?

Of course not, why did she reject herself because of Zheng Yanqing?

Lu Zhiyao raised the corners of his mouth in the shower, very reluctantly, but still had a kind of gentle and tolerant meaning.

This smile is very uncomfortable in Li Ruoshui's eyes. No one is always happy. If you don't want to laugh, you don't need to laugh. You don't need to force yourself. First URL

Of course she knew that agreeing to him at this time was the easiest way to comfort him, but she didn't want to.

It is clear that after a few more days, the matter of Zheng Mansion will come to an end.

"Someone in Zheng's house poisoned Zheng Yanqing, as long as I have a few more days, I will be able to settle this matter."

...

Wait, why did he have to leave the Zheng family by himself?

Li Ruoshui moved his gaze to his wet face, to his drooping eyelashes, and something suddenly flashed in his mind.

No way.

Shouldn't this be jealous?

The corners of Li Ruoshui's lips slowly rose, and he suddenly felt that the rain was all cute.

"Why do you suddenly want me to do this? You don't feel anything after I've been in the Zheng family for so long. Why do you have to leave here today?"

Hearing her question, Lu Zhiyao's thoughts became even more chaotic.

He was not thinking about the answer in Li Ruoshui's words, but thinking of Li Ruoshui's successive rejections.

Lu Zhiyao doesn't understand, doesn't she like herself? Why would she defend Zheng Yanqing, and what does Zheng Yanqing's life and death have to do with her?

The raindrops crackling against the umbrella and the trees reminded him of the story he heard in the teahouse.

It was also the same heavy rain when Bai Niangzi and Xu Xian met.

White Snake didn't love Xu Xian originally, but because of his previous life, he had to marry Xu Xian to repay his kindness, and then use it to become an immortal.

However, she fell in love with Xu Xian after getting married, and in order to help him, she was willing to be held under the tower for thousands of years.

...

This is marriage, and this is the truth of ordinary people getting married.

He always thought that married people would turn against each other, that married people hated each other, and that husband and wife were the funniest relationship in the world.

So he often stayed in Zheng's house, on the roof of Li Ruoshui and the two of them. He wanted to help Zheng Yanqing after revealing his nature, lest she get hurt.

But this is not the case.

They would talk funny things in the house, eat together, play together, and stay in the same room at night.

All this made him very irritable, just like the puppets that had been made so hard were stolen, how could the thief be safe?

He put the sword to Zheng Yanqing's neck countless times, but always withdrew it at the last moment.

After all, Li Ruoshui likes him, so how can it be considered that Zheng Yanqing stole it? If Zheng Yanqing was really killed, it would prove that Li Ruoshui was stolen, which is not acceptable.

At least until yesterday, he had been thinking so.

After all, Li Ruoshui kissed him, doesn't this prove that she loves him?

But he never thought that love would change, it would be changed by marriage.

Of course it's a good thing that Li Ruoshui doesn't love him. He doesn't want her to be attached to things like love, but how can she change at will?

People should keep their word, right?

Since she said she loves him, she should keep her word, but she is not such an untrustworthy person.

——The fault is not Li Ruoshui, but Zheng Yanqing.

It was this disgusting thief who brought Li Ruoshui down.

The chaotic thoughts immediately opened up, and the problems that had troubled him for a long time were solved.

Lu Zhiyao lowered his head and laughed, his whole body trembling with laughter, and his hand holding the hilt of the sword turned white with force.

Just such a simple answer made him think for so long.

"I finally figured it out."

He stood up, maybe he was emotional, maybe he was laughing too much, the ends of his eyes were red, and his gentle face and long wet hair, like the Buddha of the lost people in Purdue son.

He pulled out his sword and walked into the room, because he was so excited that the sword in his hand trembled.

Soon, Li Ruoshui would be grateful that he rescued her from her misery.

"You figured it out?"