chapter 19

telling clary was horrible,

that horrible infact i didnt.

alec did.

i havent said a word to him.

i wont go near him.

hes tried to speak to me but he doesnt actually tuink im going to speak to him after this?

i get it was a demon but its my mom...

with tears in my eyes i stand watching the monitor with alec and clary watching as alec and my mom fight before he shoves his hand threw her chest and then she drops to the floor.

looking away letting the tears roll down my face and i step back completely turning my body away from the screen,

"omg...gracie, clary-"i hear alec mutter but i just shake my head as clary outs her hand up to him an angry and distrought look on her face. her too in tears,

"we have a demon to kill" clary says angrily before she storms off.

alec looks at me making me sigh and walk off in the opposite direction to clary,

wanting nothing more than to be a alone right now.

no ones pov:

when gracie ment she wanted to left alone, she ment that included demons.

but as she leans demons dont like to listen.

she was sat down in her room tears rolling down her face , morning the death of her mother, when the famillar black smoke floated threw the vent and into her room shoving it down gracies throat.

it was as if her body had a mind of its own, she stood up and walked straight of out her room, mascara running down her face,tears in her now black eyes, messy hair and the bandage on her chest red with blood.

she storms threw the hallways angrily searching for the one person she needs to find right now.

as she storms down the hallway she catches the conversation bewteen clary and alec and izzy,

"izzy, we need your help!"clary says urgently.

"Jocelyn's..."alec goes to say but gracie steps out from around the corner amking everyone look towards her.

"Dead because of you."the demon inside of gracie growls. its voice deep as it snarkls and shows the black eyes making everyone look towards her with wide eyes.

"It's inside her."clary mutters looking towards gracie as she growls.

"It's still gracie"alec says holding his bow in his handlooking towards his little girl.

"Be careful where you aim."izzy mutters holding her wip in her hand looking at the girl grwoing at them.

gracie runs towards clary quicky and shoves her across the room making the red head fall and roll along the floor.

she turns and izzy tries to whip her only for the demon inside of gracie to grab the whip and ping it back making it snap together and izzy fall back to the floor.

the demon inside of gracie growls at alec as he holds up the bow but is unable to shoot it at her.

she hiss at him before rushing and pushing fhe bow out of his hand and shoves him only for alec to wrap his arms around the girl strugging with her.

"gracie, please stop!" alec shouts as gracie screams and growls in his arms strugging against his hold.

"you killed my mom, my done with yours and magnus stupid rules.!"gracie screams before biting onto alecs arm making him grunt but continue to hold gracie gainats him as seh screams and kicks.

"gracie, if you're in there, please listen to me."alec grunts before gracie gets free and kicks him making him fall back to the floor.

"Nice try." the demon says smikring watching alec groan and hold his arm were she bit him.

suddnely a sharp pain rings threw the girls shoulder as a blade is shovged threw the skin by her sister makingthe demon suddnely drp to its knees.

as gracies body slowly drops to the floor the black smoke pools out of her body and freezes as clary glares at it.

"Go back to Hell where you belong!"clary shoits before slicing it with a sword makinhg the thing go up in flames before it disappears.

instantly clary drops the sword and rushes to her sisters side.

"gracie?" she questions dropping to the floor next to her sister as alec slides over pulling the girls head onto his lap burhsing her hair out her face,izzy comes rushing over and stands above the group all looking down at gracie.

"gracie!....please"alec mutters with tears in hsi eyes both of them watching as the girl still hasnt opened her eyes..."please be okay,gracie...please" alec whispes as a tear drop rolls down his face.

gracies pov:

opening my eyes graoning in pain i see alec looking at me with tears in my eyes.

"what happened?"i question whimpering pushing myself to sit up, alec pulls me against his chest holding me aginst him tightly.

i look at clary with tears in my eyes.

"is mom...?" i question and she just looks at me with tears in her eyes and that tells me straight away.

i instantly lean and hug her letting tears roll down my face.

being pulled away from the hug by alec he holds me agianist his chest my body to numb to really process this as he pulls out his steele and looks at my wrists again.

i look down and notice there gone again.

alec doesnt have the chance to draw the healing rune on my wirst howver because as i look back up aldertree and a very beat up jace walk in.

"jace"i whisper looking towards him.

"you look like you need a nap" he say smiling sadly at me making me smile sadly back at him.

laning against alecs chest i watch as he looks at clary shes sat there completely spaced out staring at the wall.

and as he goes to step towards her smion comes rushing into the room.

he glances at me and shake my head in tears and he rushes towards clary hugging her tightly.

jace comes over and hugs izzy and side hugs alec as he sits with us.

i look back down at my wrist not seeing the runes there still.

"alec whats going on?" i whisper weaking looking at my wrist.

"i dont know...your alright thats all that matters right now" he says holding me tightly againts him.