introduction

Welcome to the B-Side BTS Awards!

It's been about a year since our first awards, the Butter Awards. It got a lot more recognition than ever expected. As all first projects go, there were also other things that happened that weren't planned. Mistakes were made, and lessons were learned.

With that being said, these awards will be different. They will be easier to navigate and understand. There will be no subcategories and less slots to fill. More rules will be added to avoid disruption.

I want to emphasize that this is an awards strictly for BTS fanfiction. I would like to have a generalized K-Pop Awards, but I currently do not have the time to do so. These awards are based on the previous awards with added adjustments.

Now, I am not saying that this awards will be perfect. It won't be, but I will do my best to make this an enjoyable experience.

I would like to discuss some of the changes I've made.

There will still be 3 rounds. Books will be read by up to 2 (possibly 3) judges, and the average of their score will determine your books placement in each round. No books will be eliminated until after Round 3. Sometimes the best parts of a book come towards the middle or the end depending on how much you've written.

They will read your book in thirds, meaning they will divide your book into 3 different parts and read each part according to the judging period. So the 1st part of your book will be read in round 1 and so on.

At the end of round 3, the judges will give a review of your book. They will critique the plot, your writing style, grammar, etc. They will not be harsh or rude. They will be genuine. I will encourage the judges to be kind and impartial when giving the review.

Another change that has been made is to the categories. There will only be 5 categories: Hyung-line, Maknae-line, Ships, OT7, and Short Stories/One-shots. Hyung-line will have 15 slots, Maknae-line with 20 slots, and Ships, OT7, and Short Stories/One-shots with 10 slots each.

There will be 14 judging slots for Hyung-line and Maknae-line and 8 judging slots for Ships, OT7, and Short Stories/One-shots.

If you plan on judging, you will need to be comfortable with judging from 4 to 6 books at a time. You will only be giving a review after round 3. All the other rounds, you will be giving a score and a brief explanation on why you gave a book that score. That's it.

Like with the previous awards, there will also be prizes for judges, not just the participants. However, I will be more selective.

Prizes have also been altered, but that will be explained in it's own designated section.

There will still be active checks (further information in the rules).

I know that this was quite an introduction, but it's important that you and I understand how these awards work, and if you have any questions, you can inline comment below.

:: QUESTIONS ::

As always, feel free to tag anyone that you think might be interested in joining this awards. If you tag here, you will not have to tag in your form, aside from me.

Please, make sure you have read the introduction all the way through. The password will be different for everyone and is based off the introduction/rules to ensure you've read and understood how the awards will be handled.

Your host, kawaiijxxn, and co-host, gunugreat.