More Attacks!

The next morning Sonic and Shadow came through the back door. They quietly walked in trying not to wake any one up. They had quite a lot of blood on them. They had only killed wild animals. 

Manic who heard them come in, got out of bed and quietly went down a few stairs just enough to see to hedgehogs covered in blood. A shiver ran down Manic’s spine as he saw blood dripping from their quills to their feet. 

"It ok Manic, you can come down" said Sonic making his brother jump. "How did they know it was me?" Manic thought to himself. He walked down the stairs slowly, still nerves from what he saw last night. When he saw them both covered in blood he felt more like fainting. "Hrrrr look Manic I wanted to tell you," Sonic started. "So why didn’t you?" Manic carried on. "Because if I did it would of put you and Sonia in danger, but I guess it’s too late for that now" said Sonic rubbing his left arm. 

"Yeah it is." Manic turned away and then ran up the stairs to his room slamming the door behind him. Sonic bent his head down in shame. "Why did I have to go looking for that stupid werewolf, none of this would have happened if it wasn’t for me." 

Shadow stepped forward and put his hand on Sonic’s shoulder. "Just give him some time. Come on let’s go get this blood off ok." "Ok." 

After they got the blood off everyone was awake. Manic was still up in his room. Sonic, Shadow and Sonia were in the living room while Knuckles, Amy and Tails were in the kitchen. 

"What’s wrong with Manic?" Sonia asked. "He's just freaked out" said Shadow. "Sonic are you ok?" The blue hedgehog looked up at his sister but didn’t say anything. "He’s just having a hard time at the moment. I mean being a werewolf isn’t easy you know" said Shadow looking over at the dark pink hedgehog. "Yeah it must be hard" Sonia agreed.  

"I’m going on a run" said Sonic, sounding disturbed. He walked through the kitchen not making any eye contact with any of his friends. He just opened the back door and slammed it behind him. Tails, Knuckles and Amy all looked at each other with faces of worry. 

As Sonic left Manic came down. "Hey Manic are you ok? The green hedgehog nodded at his sister but then headed for the front door. Hey where are you going Manic?" "I’m going out for a bit" Manic said while looking back at his sister and only his sister. "Yeah but where?" "Just…out." And with that Manic left the mansion not saying another word.      

Night fell and Sonic and Manic still weren’t back yet. Everyone was starting to get worried. "I’ll go look for them" said Shadow. No sooner had he said that they all heard the back door open. They all ran to the back door to see Sonic all wounded and in pain. 

Sonic what happened?" said Shadow being at his mate's side in an instant. "Were…wolf." Sonic collapsed to the floor and went unconscious. Shadow bent down and helped him up. 

"Come on Shadow get Sonic to his room." The black hedgehog nodded at Tails then walked upstairs. 

About 5 minutes later Sonic was lying on his bed asleep. "Look said Sonia, his wounds are healing." "Oh yeah I forgot to mention werewolves have the ability to heal fast, Sorry" said Tails with a fake smile. 

Everyone except Tails laughed. "What, what’s so funny?" But then Sonic opened his eyes to see what was going on. Everyone stopped and stared. "Hey Sonic are you ok?" said Tails being at the side of the bed. "Yeah thanks bud, In fact I’ve never felt better." "Sonic what happened to you Shadow asked with his arms crossed. "I, I don’t know? All I remember is that I was running through the forest and then a werewolf jumped on me and… I can’t remember anything else. I woke and found myself all covered in blood and the werewolf was dead right in front of me" said Sonic holding his head, trying to think.