Part 37

Hoor looked into the mirror one last time. She was wearing a purple coloured formal frock that reached above her knees, paired with a golden trouser and a golden dupatta. She had matched her dressing, both with Momal and Meerub. Her hair that reached the middle of her back was open and in front on either side of her face. She wasn't wearing earrings or a locket, but golden bracelets her mother in law gave her. She was caressing her bracelet when suddenly she remembered she still hadn't opened the box Ahil gave her on Nikkah since she had put it in her bag and then didn't open the bag. She went to her cupboard and looked for the bag, she found it. She took the box out and opened it. It had a ring inside. A ring with red diamond. It was beautiful, she was awestruck at the choice. They did not have any engagement so they did not make each other wear rings.

'Should I wear it?' She took it out and examined it. Indeed it was beautiful. She loved the colour.

'He'll think I like it.'

'So what. He can keep thinking. I don't like it but I will wear it. Of course, it is mine now and it is my right to wear it. I know my rights.' She satisfied herself with her weird analogies and slipped the ring in the third finger of her left hand.

<A/N: Na ring pasand hai na ring dene wala but main phr bhi pehnugi>- Dr Hoor (Neither do I like the ring nor the one who gave it but I'll still wear it

- Dr Hoor
(Neither do I like the ring nor the one who gave it but I'll still wear it.)

————————————————

Yumna's family reached Hoor's house before the given. Her brother, Fahad, had apologised to Hoor's family  since he had some important lecture to prepare, he was a lecturer in university. He was the only brother and eldest sibling,and then five sisters, Yumna being the eldest sister. Yumna went inside after greeting Meerub and Arsalan in the lawn, along with her family, but her 23 year old friend Zartasha went to Arsalan.

"Oye Arsalan, kia karrahy ho ajkal?"

(Hey Arsalan, what are you doing nowadays.)

"Job karraha hun, aur kia krna hai."

(Doing a job, what else.)

"Good. Waise tumne abhi tk shadi nhi ki, mjhy hairat hai. Jitni tumhari female friends theen na college me, mjhy lagta tha uni se pehle tumne shadi krleni hai." Zartasha laughed and he smiled remembering the old days.

(Good. You aren't married yet, I am shocked. The amount of female friends you had in college, I thought you'll be married even before university.)

"Nhi maine socha tum mujhse itni mohabbat krti thi tumhara dil na torun." He hid his smile and commented.

(No I thought you loved me so much so I should not break your heart.)

"Shut Up. It was a dare." Zartasha turned angry. Arsalan and Zartasha were in the same college before university. They were not  in contact after it since Arsalan went abroad for university and she also got busy with university. When she met Hoor a few times since she was Yumna's friend, she got to know she was Arsalan's sister. In her college, her friends had given her a dare to send a love letter to Arsalan. After all these years, Arsalan still teased her whenever he met her.