Chapter 16

The following morning, Nya was getting a glass from the kitchen cabinet when Vince walked in. Intentionally, she doesn't make eye contact but she could feel his eyes on her. She opens the fridge and reaches for some milk, at the same time he widens the door and while grabbing a bottle of water, grazes her shoulder. It tingled. Why God, did it tingle? She takes the carton over to the island and pours milk into her glass and still, she could feel his gaze. It travels down to her legs and back up.
She clears her throat uncomfortably just wanting to break the silence.

"Why do you keep wearing the same clothes?"

She looks down at her outfit. "I didn't think about clothes when we fled. This, and a couple other things is all I have."

"Were you going to say anything? or do you want others to feel sorry for you?"

Ouch... "No sir, Lee and I are actually headed shopping as soon as she comes down." She takes a sip of her milk.

"Where?"

She wipes a white mustache off. "A mall..."

He rolls his eyes. "Malina!"

"Coming!" She hollers back and comes flying in. "What is it?" Her hair was wet from a fresh shower and her makeup was half done.

He folds his arms and leans back on the counter. "Where are you taking her with her issues?"

"She already told you. We'll be careful. I promise."

"I want to pick out my own things." Nya inserts.

His powerful glare shifted to her and he gritted his teeth. " I'll take you."

"Are you sure?" Malina doesn't hide her shock. "Don't you have stuff to do?"

"Yes, so the two of you have a time limit."

"I have to drop in at Spike's."

"Fine."

She grins. "Wow!" She gives him a quick kiss and heads back up the stairs to finish getting dressed.

Nya puts the milk back in the fridge and gets out of his vicinity fast.

A bit later, she leaned back in the comfy seat of his luxury car enjoying the smooth ride. Her sister was pretty glum earlier but now seemed much happier. Her and Alpha Vince were holding hands and a smile was plastered on her face "Thank you." She gazes at him lovingly.

"There's no need." He doesn't move his concentration from the road.

"It means a lot that you're taking time out of your day for me."

He rolls his eyes. "Stop..."

"Why? Am I making you blush?"

Nya giggles and regrets it right away because his heavy glare shifts to the rearview mirror and lands on her like boulders. Pinned, she was underneath them. She bites back laughing more and snaps her neck toward the window.

After a few minutes, they reach the parking lot of the bar. Malina gets out and she was about to follow her. She makes one move to grab the door handle when Alpha Vince turns to her. . "Where are you going?"

"With..."

"Nowhere." He cuts her off.

She places her hand back on her lap. "Yes sir."  He was even worse than her sister. She turns her focus out the window looking at Lee as she walks to the entrance. There was a guy there who sweetly pulled the door open for her.

"How did you get that scar?"

She looked back at him and he wasn't looking at her directly, he was watching in the mirror again. Her fingers trace over a circular scar on her collarbone. She was surprised he noticed or even cared to ask. "I don't know. I was told it might be a burn mark, maybe from a cigarette."