72 - A Fraction

2.4K words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 6 months

Vader's POV
I could see it, my own life flashing before my eyes. Each rapid ticking of the bomb triggering a new memory that holds a special place within my heart; meeting (y/n), the day I asked her to marry me, the day I married her, learning I was going to be a father, getting Ahsoka back into my life, leaving Tatooine, and the list could go on.

I know what many would do in my position; run. But I froze, for once in my life I was caught off guard and I fucking froze. Me.

And the only reason I was pulled away from my frozen state of shock that would've most likely resulted in my death, was because I heard a familiar voice and footsteps rushing from behind me — Ahsoka, "Hey is everything okay? You sounded urgent on the-"

I snapped myself back to reality when the urge to protect her from the threat burned through my veins, "Ahsoka get back!" I yelled as I raised both hands. Using the force, I had one palm facing her, shoving her backwards towards the staircase where she was knocked unconscious. And the other facing the bomb, causing it to rise and fly out of my palace towards the outside world - just as it exploded.

It didn't reach too far when it went off and so the force of the blast knocked me off my feet as flames blazed in my direction, burning parts of my exposed skin and singeing my clothes.

I screamed in pain and heard the rumbles of the palace entrance as the structure gave out due to the powerful blow. The ceiling crumbled down and I fought through the ache to shoot my arms up and stop the heavy weight from crushing me.

A piece of the ceiling I was unable to catch in time fell towards me, hitting the mask and cracking it before falling to the side. My oxygen intake dropped significantly and my lungs and throat began to burn.

The pain became a distraction and my hold on the debris weakened. Small pieces fell around me as I struggled to keep everything up.

You're an embarrassment.

I heard him speak inside of my head, the one voice I had hoped to never hear again. My former Master and tormenter — Palpatine. But he's dead, so my one conclusion on how I heard him was the lack of oxygen causing me to hallucinate. So I opted to ignore the voice and struggled to raise the debris a bit higher, hoping someone would come to my aid and soon.

You're a Sith, I made you a Sith. Yet here you are, disgracing the name by being so weak and careless.

I groaned in annoyance, just shut up.

Remember my lessons, only then will you reach your true and full potential Lord Vader.

Flashback
(TW: Electric shock)
I dropped down to my knees, the pain of his electric shock shooting through my body, burning every nerve, "Get up and do as I asked." He sneered after relieving my body of its suffering.

I tried, I tried so hard but I felt too weak and tired to move. The pain was still fresh, almost like the electricity was living within me and shocking me on repeat, "I can't, everything hurts."

Again, he tortured me and my screams echoed through the halls, over a dozen clones were standing by, watching in fear. They were terrified, terrified because my orders were to kill each and every one of them — at the same time.