⚾︎| chapter sixteen

KELANI PARKER
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

I finish the google slides to Christian and I project. It's due like 5 days from now. Of course Christian didn't have time to do it because of baseball, So I had to do it.

He shouldn't even get credit, just joking. I think.

I close my laptop, sleep. Is all I can think of at the moment. I look over at my phone and it reads 11:34 pm. Woah it's late.

I get up and walk over to my restroom, I grab my toothbrush and add tooth paste to it. I start brushing my teeth.

I get a text from Christian saying, "Meet me at Ella's." I groan.

I finish up, walk over to my closet grabbing a hoodie and my air force 1s. I grab my phone and purse, heading out the door.

I walk across the street to Ella's. Thank the Lord it's literally only across the street, I shiver because it's so cold.

Once I get inside I see Christian sitting in the same booth as always. I walk over to him and when he sees me his smiles.

"It's 11 pm what." I say coldly.

Our waiter comes up to us and asks us what we want, we both asked for waters.

"Okay listen.." He says nervously. I have a bad feeling about this.

"I'm listening." I say, nod my head slowly, still looking at him.

"We have to fake date." He blurts out and his face turns red.

My eyes widened. "I'm sorry what."

"Yeah, so um I kinda told Blake we're dating. So just go along with it until the game, okay?" He says sipping on his water.

"What did you tell him?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"Well he asked if you we're going to the game and who you are supporting. And I told him, "No shit she's going, she's my girlfriend." He plays with his rings and looks down.

I sigh. "Damn it, Christian" I say and tilt my head back.

"I'm sorry Kelani, I panicked. If you don't want to it's fine I under-" He says, but I cut him off before he can say anything else.

"No, don't be sorry. I'll do it." I tell him and smile a bit.

I get up from where I was sitting, and so does he. "Want me to walk you to your dorm?" He asks me.

"Sure" I say walking out towards the exit.

Christian opens the door for me and I give him a smile and nod.

"Are you actually going to the game?" He asks me while we're walking across the street.

I look up at him and see him already looking at me. "Of course." I tell him.

*****

We walk inside the building, talking.

"Are you and Riley you know?" I ask him and he starts to laugh a bit.

I stare at him confused. "No way, we're just friends and that's all we'll ever be." He tells me.

"Oh okay.." I say stopping at my door. "Thank you for walking me to my dorm, Christian. I appreciate it."

I hug him and he hugs me back. That was friendly? Right?

"See you tomorrow, Parker." He says.

We both unlock out dorm doors and, walk inside.

"So ya'll are good now?" Coco says, with her arms crossed.

"Oh please, Yes we are." I tell her and walk towards my room but, I pause before I reach my door. "How did you know I was with Christian?" I ask her.

"I looked through the peep hole, smart one." She says walking away to her room.

I laugh a bit and open my room door. I plop and my bed and think to myself, "What a night."

But I can't forget that I have to fake date Christian, Oh lord. You know maybe this won't be that bad. Right?

a/n

have a great day/night and i'll see you at the end of chapter 17:)).

Rai<33.

thank you so much for taking your time to read this

love, rai<3