Thirty

At the 'Ill Minds' headquarters, Magenta looks around her office making sure to get anything she's going to need during her time off

At the 'Ill Minds' headquarters, Magenta looks around her office making sure to get anything she's going to need during her time off. Usually, all employees are off from Christmas until the first week of January. For Gen she'll be starting off with a month long mental health vacation, but she can see herself taking two.

At first she was opposed to it because Felicity's basically forcing her hand. It's actually perfect. When the incident initially happened Magenta only took a few weeks to herself before coming back to Texas where she acted like nothing happened. She also hasn't been to therapy since her last trip to California. Now she has a therapist in Houston courtesy of the company and she plans to start going back to the survivors support group. Anything that'll help her get back on track towards healing.

Scanning her eyes around her office she grabs what she needs placing them in a tote bag. When her phone begins vibrating across her glass desk she grabs it before it falls off. Seeing it's Noah calling her she declines the call. He's been trying to get in contact with her since her event. He can kiss her ass. With that thought, Gen blocks his number and on every social media platform.

Magenta sits in her desk chair checking her texts, emails, and voicemails. She smacks her lips seeing the investigator or D.A. on the case still haven't gotten back to her. The closer it gets to the first court date in the trial the more she feels out of the loop. They started off calling to give updates, now it's fading. She came to realize once you've given your account, you're not a part of the lawsuit. You're only a witness to a crime done to you. No one has to call you and update you on what's going on. You're not an important part of the case. It's the state versus the defendant.

All she knows is they have the video of her leaving the studio where she clearly looks to be in distress. They also have the medical information needed. The rest of her case heavily relies on witness statements from people their that night. Amil could be the biggest witness outside of Magenta herself and Caprice, but according to the investigator Amil's not corroborating any of Gen's claims.

She gave Amil's name months ago for them to question her, but she wasn't cooperating. Gen fighting her at the club didn't help. She has a feeling Amil's going to take Caprice's side. If she gets on that stand and lies, it'll greatly affect the outcome.