🦋one🦋

❝ [ marriage. ] ❞

Never in his dreams, Jungkook thought, he would get such an announcement. He was relaxing in the makeup room after a few pictures when his dad pressed in with a worried expression.

Everyone gasped at the words which left the former man's mouth. His fiancé had run away from the wedding. An aged couple came in the place with a remorseful expression. They drew a note in their palms to Jungkook. They were yugyeom's— his fiancé's parents.

"Hi, Jungkook.

I know running away is never an option, but I don't think we're ready to get married yet. I don't feel the connection I used to feel between us. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I should've talked to you about this, but I had no tenacity to. I'm sorry again. I genuinely count on you to find someone better. Someone who wouldn't run away like me.

Yugy :)"

Jungkook sank upon the armchair again. His world implied to be colliding downwards. 'Lost the connection we had?' Jungkook thought as the dense layer of tears formed its way down. He just preferred to be alone at that time, wanting to cry his heart out.

"What should we do? Call off the wedding?" Mrs. Jeon murmured, with an anxious face peering at her child sobbing miserably, sitting in front of the mirror. "We can not do that. I'm standing for elections this time. Do you know how many people are present o-outside?" the former sputtered to his spouse with a glossy stare.

The man on one side was worried about his offspring and on the alternative side, he was distressed about his reputation.

Mr. Jeon made his way out of the make-up room and strode in with his venerated friend for some suggestions. But he did not expect the suggestion to be a marriage proposal instead.

"We don't have much time, Junghyun. I know this is sudden, but I'm not suggesting Jungkook to marry a complete outsider. My son and Jungkook were quite close in the past," Mr. Kim exclaimed from the other side. 

Junghyun beamed at his son, who had just stopped weeping. "I know I shouldn't force you to marry someone," he hunched in front of the youngster. "I'm sorry. I know everything is awfully unfair to you today," the aged man babbled, cupping his face.

"I'm thoroughly aware that you're hurt, Koo, but please? please can do this for this old man? Who knows if this works out well? Who knows if he is the one in your life," The father mopped his son's tears.

And that was how Jungkook wounded up, remaining in front of a tall man with glasses and awkward body language.

"You may kiss your groom now,"

Jungkook was glancing down. He was not even in the state to determine anything until he felt a pair of lips on his forehead. 

"You'll b-be okay," he heard the latter whisper.