𝘌𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢

• • •

This is bad

This is bad.

Maybe I should have waited until after his game had finished. I didn't think it through with him having to go back onto the ice. I knew I had to tell him before the girls did something stupid.

Telling him was harder than I thought it would be, as I had rehearsed for hours what I would say and how I would say it. Yet standing in front of him when he was sweaty and beat up from his game, my mind blanked. Truth be told, I was scared. I did not know how he was going to react or what he was going to say.

Was he going to scream at me in front of everyone so that everyone knew? Would he completely ignore me? Would he dismiss the thought completely? Turns out he did all, yet none. Nothing was resolved, and I was left standing in the humid tunnel full of sweat with the security guard peering at me like I was a criminal.

I spent 10 minutes waiting and thinking. What do I do now? Should I find my seat? Should I stay here? Turns out my thoughts would be answered for me in the form of Coach Quinn.

He cleared his throat, coming to stand in front of where I was leaning against the wall. My head shoots up in alarm and I cover myself with my arms. Had Sloan told him? Will he demand I leave? I'm sure Sloan has told his team about our mutual hatred for each other and that unfortunately means it includes his coach.

"Do you want me to leave?" I ask before clearing my throat and adding, "Sir."

He sighs, watching me, "No." He shakes his head. "Quiet the opposite. Go to your seat. Damn boy won't stop swinging his head around like a lost puppy looking for his owner." He rolls his eyes.

My mouth gapes, "Really?"

"Whatever you were talking about was important and I'm sure you didn't sort it all out in the 2 minutes you had to talk. So I'm betting he told you to wait and wants to know you didn't leave. Sound about right?" He raises an eyebrow in question.

I'm still shocked that somehow he has been completely correct.

He hums, nodding his head. "That's what I thought."

"Go. Maybe this will pull his head back in the game." Is the last thing he mutters before turning back to leave the tunnel and enter the sides.

Back in the game? What have I missed?

Turns out I missed a lot. In 10 minutes, the whole direction of the match can completely change. We are losing. The good news is that we are only losing by 1 point as the score is now 4-3. The bad news is that Sloan Murphy is a wreck.