30

4 years later...

I put my feet through the sand as I played with the sand between my toes. I put my sunglasses further on my nose bridge as I looked in front of me. The sea hitting the shore of the island Mauritius.

"Lau!!" A voice yelled from the beach house.

"Yeah?!" I yelled back, I threw my head to the side as I saw Daniel jumping off the steps of the beach house into the sand.

"You need to put on a new layer of sunscreen." He threw the bright blue bottle next to me which landed in the sand. On my lips a small smile playing.

"The kid is going to be golden brown if you keep sitting on your butt the whole day in this sun." Daniel laughed. I shaked my head and put the lid off the bottle.

"No, we are used to this weather now, huh.. little one?" I cooed to my belly. After the last race in Dubai, I shortly found out in January that I was carrying a little human. It was now the end of July, which means summer break for Formula One.

I put the liquid in my handpalms and smeared it on my body. I put the bottle away and cleaned my hands on my towel. I layed down again on my back to sunbathe. ''Why can't I just lay on my belly.'' I cried in myself. I sighed and pouted my upper lip. I squeezed my eyes closed to the bright sun and slowly fell asleep...

LATER that day I stood in the kitchen together with Heidi. ''I'm so happy you two are staying your summerbreak here.. with me.'' I said with emotion in my voice. Ugh, Laurì, put your hormones away. ''No problem, honey. We love you like you are our little sister.'' Heidi says while grabbing my arms into a hug. My eyes began to tear up.

''Sorry for the big belly.'' I said with a light crying voice.

''The same for me Lau, and I'm ready to be a uncle, again.'' Daniel stepped into the beach house and smiled. In his hand a cold beer and in his other hand his cap.

The washing machine started to make noises. I put one foot forward but Heidi pushed me softly back. ''Stay here, I will do the laundry.'' She smiled as she walked away to the upstairs room. I smiled thankfully as I grabbed the watermelon. I cut it into pieces and then threw it in a bowl.

Daniel walked around the kitchen counter and stopped his feet next to me. He grabbed the cucumber for the dinner and cleaned it. He grabbed the knife and carefully began to cut tiny pieces for the salad. ''Lau?'' He carefully spoke up.

''Yep?'' I said while adding more pieces of water melon to the bowl.

''Did you spoke with him already?'' Daniel said, his eyes carefully watching me for the side.

''Who?'' I asked, my mind blank.

''Lando....'' His voice going soft.

''No, why?'' I simply said as I put the bowl away in the refrigerator. ''I spoke with him last sunday, before the summer break, he said if I knew where you were staying...''

''Okay? And..?'' I sighed whilst I washed my hands and dried them.

''Lau, he doesn't know I'm staying here with you... I hate to lie to my bestfriend..'' Daniel grabbed the last pieces and threw it in a bright blue bowl. ''I know, Dan.'' I looked him right in the eyes, and then my eyes flew to my pregnant belly.

Daniel eyes watched me with concern. ''Sorry, I-i don't know what to say..'' I said full of truth. Lau, maybe it's time to re-open your social life after been MIA for almost eight months, so from the beginning I found out I was pregnant. ''Just.. please, let him talk.'' Daniel said, he moved away from the salad and grabbed his beer as he took a big sip.