Her audacity

Aaron's pov

"Found her Sir!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Sir, I have got the location."

Anders says and my racing heart finds a direction. Gulping, I open my palms. Asking him for his phone. To have him give it to me.

I found the location to be a hospital a few kilometres away. And I grab the keys, rushing.

Please be safe Ezra. I am coming.

Entering the hospital, I look around desperately. To have my eyes stop at the reception.

"Excuse me. Can you tell me if there is a patient admitted with the name Ezra Reed?"

The receptionist, doesn't pay heed. Busy on a call. Motioning me to wait. And my patience was already at it's brink.

I still wait, looking around at the patients anxiously.

A few minutes. Pass and I stare at receptionist with subdued anger.

"Can you tell me first-"

"I am busy with an important call Sir. Can't you see. Please go and wait-"

My anger crossed it's limits then. Snatching the receiver from her hands, I pull on the plug of the telephone.

Literally screaming at her.

"The fuc* with waiting! I fuc*ing asked you where the hell is my wife! "

She gulps in fear. Flinching under my tone. As I stare at her with murderous eyes.

"Calm down Sir-"

"Do you have a death wish! I said tell me now!"

She lowers her eyes , her hands shuffling on the papers. As she stutters miserably. Shaken up.

"Wha-t...is her na-me Sir?"

I didn't had it in me to listen to her stuttering voice. A deadly silence follows. With everyone staring, but I didn't cared.

Snatching the sheet of paper from her hands, my desperate eyes search for her name.

To stop at it.

Ezra Reed.            Room no 114

Throwing the sheet of paper at her, I rush towards the elevator. Seeing people clearing their way for me.

Afraid.

I hear Anders apologize to the receptionist behind me. But I don't care. I can fuc*ing fire her and buy this hospital with a flick of my fingers.

Entering the elevator, I press onto the floor buttons frantically.

My heart pounding in my chest.

Why did I say those words to her? Fuc*! How will I face her now?

The elevator pings and I step out. Moving forward with a heavy heart.

112

113

114

I gulp. Stopping. My hands sweating as they hold onto the door handle.

What will I say? She will hate seeing my face.

My thoughts are interrupted. When the door opens from the inside. A nurse walks out, with a cardboard in her hands.

Gently smiling at me, she asks.

"Are you with the patient Sir?"

"I..um ya."

"What's your relationship with her?