Chapter 30

Lisa is having yet another sleepless night. She keeps turning around her bed, pretending to sleep, until she gets tired and gets out of bed to get a can of beer from under her bed.

"I think I need you," she admitted as she kissed the beer.

Lisa walked out and cracked open the beer. She can still see some civilians attempting to flee the soldiers. She finishes her beer and looks for a seat.
It is after 1 a.m., but it appears that the villagers will not give up their standoff for their rights.

"This feels good" Lisa uttered, enjoying her favorite drink. She grope on her pocket and a smile appeared on her, a piece of cigarette. She takes out the lighter and lit it up "Perfect match" She added.

A one blow of smoke and she received a gentle smack on her head "Aw" She complain and rub it.

"Can't sleep?" Dr. Lee chortle and open her palm "Can you give me a drink?"

Lisa laugh a bit and get up from her spot "No, this is the last one" She lied. 

Dr. Lee grab her beer and drink it right away "This situation is stressing me out" He told and handed over the can so Lisa can drink.

The lady inhale the smoke and drink the beer "I feel bad for those people who died unexpectedly because of the virus. Eventhough, I want to help by giving food to eatatleast, I can't. We are locked up fromnowhere and we don't know when thepossible supplies will arrive. Our foods are slowly getting depleted," Lisa stated with a serious tone of voice as she turned at the civilians at the gate. "I am afraid the government won't let us go home."

"That's possible but I am not thinking about it. Dr. Nam from Sung Wan Hospital fainted earlier because of over fatigue. She's now taking a rest and hopefully she's not positive" Dr. Lee said and grab the beer from Lisa "She's pregnant"

Lisa's eyes widened in shock and instantly turn to face him "Are you serious?! Then why she accepted this? She should be gone home" She huffed. 

"She just found out yesterday when she tried the pregnancy test and we checked her, positive pregnant" Dr. Lee told and emptied the beer "I'm sorry, I didn't give you the last sip" 

Lisa's eyes are still as wide as plates, as she processes the fact that one of the volunteers is pregnant. It is dangerous for her to fight this pandemic, especially at this time when people are becoming aggressive.

"Addition to that, the chief is putting too much pressure on her. I guess, there's an issue before between her and the chief's son" Dr. Lee added and yawn "Anyway, How are you and Jennie doing?"

Lisa take a last shot on her smoke before she throws it "We're okay, I guess. We are still on process, maybe I'll try to make it clear when I get back. A lot of things happened including my work so I don't have time" She said.

"Are you okay with it? I mean your set up?"

Lisa averts her gaze and slowly nods herhead "Yeah of course. Everything's clear" She lied, she's about to get up but Dr. Lee do it first.

"So you better be healthy so you can come home really soon. Don't worry, everything will be okay. Take your vitamins. Who knows? Jennie might want to tell you to take vitamins everyday and be careful but she couldn't because of a lot of factors" Dr. Lee chuckle and tap her shoulder "I should get going, I am afraid about the civilians"

Lisa nods her head and stand up from her seat "Have a great night" She said and waves her hand.

As soon as Dr. Lee entered her room, Lisa made her way back to hers and throw herself on the bed. Looking at the ceiling blankly makes her mind gone wild. Thoughts keep on coming inside her head that didn't help at all. Minutes turn to hours of waiting for her to sleep until the clock hits 5am.