Chapter 9

Alexandra's POV

I could feel the blood dripping down the side of my face.

I ran and ran and ran along the tiny house. Each frantic step slamming against the dirty wooden floorboards. My hands were sweating, my head was spinning, my vision was blurry, everything was spinning. Screaming's could be heard, yelling's could be heard.

His yells for me to stop running away.

I stepped out of the house and stumbled down the few steps until my feet touched the dead grass beneath my bare feet.

I could taste the metallic taste of blood in my mouth from the blood dripping down the side of my face. Sharp pain went through my body from the fast movements and the harsh steps I was taking.

I could hear voices inside my head, voices telling me to keep running and voices telling me to stop. But I couldn't.

My chest was heaving heavily as breathless pants escaped my mouth, I couldn't breathe, I was running out of air, It was making my chest burn.

I needed to get help.

But no one was to be seen in this secluded side of Arizona, maybe because it was 4 in the morning, everyone was sound asleep.

"Alexandra! You can't get away from me!"

I could hear his heavy footsteps chasing after me. He was not far behind.

The cool wind made my hair stick to the sweat that was forming along my forehead and neck.

Tears uncontrollably spilled out of my eyes and rolled past my cheeks, down my neck.

I tried to get as far away from him as possible, I ran until my legs begged for me to stop, I ran until my lungs couldn't handle the burning sensation, I ran until I couldn't hear his footsteps behind me.

I rounded the corner and that's when an old, beaten up car stopped right in front of me, almost knocking me out.

I fell on my back, hitting the back of my head on the rough ground.

Clutching my head, I blinked once, then twice, until the dizziness disappeared. I looked up at the blurry figure, having to squint my eyes in order to focus on the short, muscular figure.

My eyes widened once they came into contact with the fuming hazel ones.

No, I was so close, so close to getting away from them.

He took slow, taunting footsteps towards my shaking figure. This can't be happening.

I crawled back in fear, the tiny rocks on the floor scratching my bare foot as it slipped, step by step. My blood covered hands pushing me further and further away from the awful man in front of me.

Bright red blood dripped onto the floor, it was everywhere, leaving behind trails of blood.

I couldn't breathe.

It was like someone was choking me, it felt as if someone had their hands wrapped around my neck and was squeezing it tightly, cutting off the amount of air that would enter my lungs.

I can't breathe, no matter how much I try to inhale, no air would enter my lungs.

I frantically looked around, trying to find at least anyone, to seek help from, even if it was a homeless man, I needed someone.

"Don't even think about it."

"Please, just let me go, I promise I won't tell anyone about what you guys did, just please. Please let me go." A choked sob escaped my lips as he only smirked in return at my pain.