Chapter Fifty Seven

"Oh Clarice, honey, it's so great to see you!" Her mom rushed to give her a hug and Clarice accepted it wearily.

"I didn't know whether to expect the both of you," Clarice eyed her father.

"It took some convincing," Grandma Aggie appeared from behind them and embraced Clarice. She watched grandma embrace Severus in a warm hug and then scoop Elio up into her arms. His laughter rang in her ears as grandma tickled his belly.

"From both of us actually," Gwen made her appearance next with all three kids by her side. Clarice noticed that all of the students and staff were staring at the odd group of people, half in muggle clothing and the other in robes. Clarice hugged Gwen and each of her kids and decided to sit everyone at the end of Slytherins table where no one was sitting.

"What made you change your mind?" Clarice eventually asked the question that was bugging her from the second she saw her parents.

"We just want you to be happy and safe dear," Her father said.

"And Grandma proved to us that you were." Her mother finished. "And I really wanted to meet my grandson."

Clarice was still somewhat annoyed it took her own parents almost a year to forgive her for the man she fell in love with, but cautiously understood why they were so hesitant about him in the first place. She sat quietly, picking at her porridge and looked towards some Slytherin students that were eyeing the group of strangers sitting at their table with two professors.

"Who are they?" Pansy Parkinson's voice could be heard halfway down the table as she didn't try and hide it. Her friends only shrugged and acted like they didn't care. Elio was sitting on Gwen's lap, when Albus came into the hall.

"Agatha! What a lovely surprise! You lot are here earlier than I expected," He strode over and pulled Aggie in for a hug. "And Estelle, I'm so happy to see you again."

Again, Clarice thought. She knew they knew eachother, but just wasn't sure how. Albus never told her when she asked.

"I wouldn't miss tomorrow's big events for anything." Her mother said.

"Yes! A wedding and a Christmas ball! How exciting!" Her grandma said loud enough for some surrounding students to hear and clapped her hands together.

"Grandma! Shh! It's supposed to be a surprise!" Clarice whisper yelled.

"Oopsies!" Aggie put a hand over her mouth, but it was too late, for half the Slytherins were now talking about a Hogwarts wedding.

"Grandma..." Clarice groaned and sunk into Severus' shoulder.

"Snape and Bates are actually getting married tomorrow?" She overheard someone say.

"I still don't know what she sees in him."

"Oh come on, you have to admit he has changed since she came along."

"I still think he drugged her."

"Well I think it's romantic."

"I think it's weird."

"I think it's time you all get out of here since breakfast is over," Severus said to the students chatting so closely to them thinking they couldn't be heard.

"Well I suppose we have much to chat about." Aggie said.

"I suppose, but we're going to go over everything after supper." Clarice said. "For now, we should enjoy each others company and catch up."

Clarice watched the group of Slytherins walk by and give their head of house a thumbs up and laughed when Severus scowled at them.

"Anyways," Clarice began and turned to Dylan and Marnie. "I was wondering if you guys would want to be a part of the wedding?"