~ 16 ~

“So how’s everything going? I hope it goes smoothly.” Nicholai sipped from a glass, Miranda and him were relaxing in his office he had established in the new house. There were a couple maids that were walking around the room, cleaning off surfaces and sweeping the floor, but they seemed to ignore the two people that were having small talk with each other.

“Very much so, Aurora is getting closer with that, Leo.” She spat out, a frown gracing her face, as she calmly sipped the tea that was in the cup. She didn’t like how Nicholai was allowing such trash so close to her Queen, but she understood that the boy would be able to help speed the process of getting her back quicker, “He seems really stuck on her.” She wanted to tease, but refrained when she watched the man in front of her grip onto his glass a little too tightly.

“That’s fine,” He spoke with a dry tone, “the more stuck over her, the better the process will commence.” He sounded frustrated, but a couple sips on the wine he was drinking calmed him down.

“Are you sure?” Miranda gazed up at his chest, her eyes refusing to meet him even though she knew he was looking at her, “you seem tense.” She teased, enjoying the snarl that seemed to spread over the man’s face, by god her King was so aggressive over the smallest of things.

“Miranda,” He glared, “not right now.” She couldn’t see the mean look he was giving her, but she knew to drop whatever they were talking about, because it was made apparent that Aurora getting close to another man was a sore topic for him.

“I’ll be sure to punish her when she’s back.” He smiled, “to help her or not, I refuse to allow my woman to get close to another without some form of punishment.” He spoke happily about that, thinking about all the things they could do to make up for the lost time, he’ll be sure to leave a lasting impression.

“Oh,” Miranda nodded, she wasn’t too interested in what happens in her Master’s bed but she was a little flustered at the images that seemed to force their way into her head, but she would ask for forgiveness later, her Queen was a stunning woman after all.

“What about those Vampires? What are they up to?” Nicholai expressed great distaste for the undead creatures of the night, finding them useless and a waste of creation on his Ancestors part.

“Making friends with Aurora.” She sipped her drink, her eyes moving towards the glass that seemed to form small cracks from how tightly Nicholai held onto them, “well planning on anyways.” She quickly added, she held a distaste for them also, but that was only because they thought they knew everything, also held disgust for the Shifter’s and that was because she hated animals in general, her getting along with cats, but that could be because her Familiar was one.

“And the Shifter?” He groaned, he hated the young boy that seemed to be head over hills for Aurora, and the fact she was also so overly attached to the mutt, they had a dog already and he was already a pain to deal with now that Aurora was gone.

“Maybe Jacob can have a friend.” Miranda had to hold back a chuckle, Nicholai hated Jacob, and the thought of having another Jacob, another untrained Jacob made him look ready to bust.

“No,” He frowned, “no more pets! The Jacob we have is already a problem.” He scoffed, how was the luck that Aurora would come in contact with a doppelganger, the same name, same appearance, yet different personalities. The only difference he saw between the two Jacobs was that the current one they had was rocking Long hair, and barked instead of talked.

“Aw,” Miranda faked a pout, “it’ll make Aurora so happy though.” She snorted, her Queen had a love for animals, made her tired most of the time, but she was happy that Aurora was happy.

“One is enough, maybe if he were a cat.” He scoffed at the fake look of remorse on Miranda’s face, she seemed to have fun with teasing him and he allowed it for this one time, both taking pleasure in the small talk about one thing they both liked, Aurora.

“But really, friends?” Nicholai signed, he won't let the vampire’s get too close, one almost did something that would’ve stumped their progress and he really wanted to give them a piece of mind, but once Aurora was back in his arms, he’ll let her handle it, “why?”

“Leo,” Miranda shrugged, “that Leo is a lot more dangerous than I expected.” She placed her cup down, “he’s got a record with a lady, and that Alice is enraged.” She smirked, she liked the little vampire, such dedication to serving her Queen was something she hadn’t seen before.

“And that vampire you took under your wing,” A smirk was present.

“Oh him? He’s still being a good boy, watching over the other two's decisions, because they’ve also gotten quite infatuated with Aurora.” She almost wanted to laugh, her Eyes were special, it was sad what happened to him, but she’ll let him get his revenge before they get rid of them entirely, maybe she’ll even keep him?

“Good boy?” Nicholai with his ever present smirk, looked down upon Miranda, you're quite attached? Planning on keeping him?” He chuckled, ignoring the small scratches at the door of the office they were in.

“Jacob?” Miranda smirked back.

“Let him in.” He groaned, ignoring the body that rushed into his once one of the maids opened the door, “off mutt.” He pushed him gently because Aurora didn’t like any roughness he had towards him, or maybe it was because he actually quite liked the dog, he wouldn’t admit it if he did.

“How cute.” Glad the attention was no longer on her, Miranda took it upon herself to leave her Master and his pet alone together, “please don’t trash the place again, you're draining me.” She glared at Jacob, the man staring back at her with confusion, he only chewed up all the wood in the office five times?

“Yeah mutt.” Nicholai frowned, placing the cracked glass onto the table to watch it fall into tiny pieces, “and come clean this before the dog eats it again.” Sometimes, his life was only hard during the moments it was supposed to be easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

⬆️office uptop⬆️

office uptop⬆️