𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 58: 𝐷𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

"Damn it! How do they make it look so easy on Hillbilly Handfishin'?" Penis Breath groaned.

Day two of catching koi with our bare hands isn't going very well...

Instead of us all being quiet and focusing on catching the fish, everyone was annoyed and loud. We would mostly just throw our hands in the water when a fish came close, but this didn't help catch any of them. At this point, our patience was almost nonexistent.

"Agh! Shit! This is impossible!" Eli cursed loudly.

"Patience." Mr. LaRusso told us all. "You'll figure it out."

I groaned and squeezed the bridge of my nose in stress. I smacked the water in anger and sat down normally. I watched in silence as the koi swam in an odd, loose circle in their pond. Some swam around one particular fish, leaving it trapped in the middle of them all.

These damn fish are getting on my nerves big time. Look at them, swimming in there, care free, while we're up here trying to catch their slimy asses. I never would've thought fish would make me this annoyed.

Suddenly, Miguel spoke. "I have an idea." He said with a nod and a smile. Then, he started to step into the pond. My eyes squinted and my eyebrows furrowed as I tried to figure out his plan. Everyone watched him, confused.

"Come on, get in." Miguel told us. Everyone looked at each other, wondering if it was a good idea. I was ready to finally catch one of these damn fish, so I carefully slid into the water without questions.

"Oh, fuck it's cold." I said, shivering a bit.

"What the..." Eli said quietly as he watched.

"Well, come on, guys! Get in!" I waved them all into the pond. Soon, everyone slowly made their way into the water. I slowly made my way over to Miguel.

"What now?" I asked. He looked around the pond. "I, uh, hadn't thought that far yet..." He chuckled. "Maybe we can just try to catch them like this? I mean, we'd be closer to them." He suggested.

I thought and thought about what we could do. I thought about what we had already done, how we can change our previous tactics, how the fish swam...

How the fish swam!

They were swimming in a circle around another fish. So, maybe if we walked in a circle, we could coax them into the middle of the pond. Thus, allowing us a clean, but careful, grab of the colorful fish.

"I've got it!" I exclaimed. Everyone looked over to me, waiting to hear my idea. "Everyone, walk in a circle. Oh, and, try not to step on any koi..." I added. Everyone in the pond obeyed, and began walking in a circle around the middle of the pond.

The fish started to swim in a circle along with us. They slowly started to form a group under the wooden platform that stood in the middle of the koi pond.

"It's working. They're going under the board!" Eli commented, astonished. Miguel reached under the board. He gasped and pulled his hands out of the water again. But this time, a colorful fish occupied them.

I cheered for Miguel, relieved that one of us finally caught a fish. "We have a winner!" Mr. LaRusso yelled. "Well, we have two winners." He added.

Everyone looked over to Mr. LaRusso. "Y/n, Miguel, the teamwork you showed today was truly amazing. I'm very proud of you guys." He told us. Miguel and I nodded in thanks.

"I'm proud of all of you guys." He continued speaking to everyone. "Remember, you don't have to have all the answers. It's alright to ask others for help. Don't be ashamed."