Chapter 96: Sports Festival (10)

If you want to read 20+ chapters ahead, go here: patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 96: Sports Festival (10)

Things were clearly going great for Neji, but that didn't just last within the circle of the stadium.

"...Gold Dragon's Dance?" Rumi muttered softly with her arms around the couch. "My, Ryukyu. I didn't know you two were this close."

At her words, the receiver, Ryukyu, only gave a soft laugh as she watched the monitor where Neji walked towards the exit tunnel.

"You are misunderstanding." Ryukyu said, biting on a stick of french fry. "There are no such things between us~ Unlike how you are suspecting, I doubt he made the technique based on me. Though if he did... that's sweet of him."

Seeing her smiling softly, Rumi raised an amused eyebrow "Ryukyu, are you certain you don't have feelings for the boy?"

At the rabbit's question, a tinge of crimson formed on Ryukyu's cheeks. "Well... As I said, our age difference is too much."

"So you are not denying?"

"..."

Rumi giggled and shook her head at this.

"Though I recall you telling me he didn't use his quirk much in his battle against Muscular? You said he only defeated him with only his physical strength." Rumi said, to which Ryukyu nodded.

"I have seen it with my own two eyes, there is no doubt. It just seems his Quirk is as great as his physique."

Rumi turned her head to the monitor at this. "Oh? Then I hope he shows a bit of his physical powers in the final round. I have seen enough of his quirk."

Ryukyu raised an eyebrow at her, but Rumi didn't meet her gaze. "Hmm? Has he finally got your interest?"

Rumi simply smiled as she watched the screen replay the fight, her eyes narrowed on the part where the arena was obliterated under the golden vortex.

"...Perhaps."

Perhaps he did.

—★—

When Neji returned to the gathering of Class-1, he was surrounded by many awe-filled compliments.

"Phewww! Guess it was the luckiest decision of my life to have surrendered, huh?" Kendo said while releasing an exaggerated sigh.

"Congratulations. That was an outstanding show." Ochako said, smiling lightly. Her eyes were still a bit red from crying too much, but her smile was genuine.

"Dude, you really went all out!! But I guess you haddta do that when he came to challenge you by himself!"

It was Kirishima who rubbed his knuckles together.

"Man, I wonder if I will be able to take on that Dragon's Dance thing."

Neji only gave them a slight smile while from the corner of his eyes he saw Bakugo walk to the waiting room with a dissatisfied grunt. The next match was his and Inasa's, but Inasa had already gone to the waiting room at left, whilst Bakugo was going to the right one.

"Anyway guys, focus on the next match." Neji waved them off as Momo finally sighed from beside him at the (relatively) peaceful silence.

"At this rate, you'll get your own fan club," Momo said as Neji sat beside her. "Guess your attention-whore side would love it a lot, huh."