Chapter 40

Sarah P.O.V 

"Your reports seem pretty good compared to your last visit Mrs, Parker." Dr. Annita said while scribing something on the paper.

"Thank you, doctor, I hope my baby is healthy and fine?" I asked while putting my hands around my tummy. 

"Yes the baby is perfectly fine but you still have to work on your diet, you need to eat more nutrients. Remember your diet will decide the growth of the baby" She replied in a serious tone.

"I have already forwarded your reports to the dietician, she will guide you perfectly with your diet plan. Apart from that, there isn't any other issue, both you and the baby are fine Mrs. Parker."  Dr. Annita said while handling the reports.

"Thank you, I'll take your leave now" I stood up and started to make my way out of the room.

"Bye Mrs. Parker, Will see you at your next appointment" She replied.

"Also Doctor, I prefer to be called Sarah," I said politely and made my way out of the room. 

Once I walked down in the lobby I took out my reports and started going through the pages. I sighed in relief knowing that my baby was doing fine. Ever since Alessandro drugged me I was scared thinking about the side effects that could harm my baby. Thankfully now that the doctor has confirmed the baby's health, I can calm down.

Talking about Alessandro, I haven't seen him since I left his house.

On one side I was glad that he respected my decision when I asked him to leave me alone but a part of me missed him.

I miss him terribly

Get a grip, Sarah,

Don't forget you still can't trust him

 I quickly closed the report file and made my way out of the hospital.

Since my car was at the service center, I decided to call a cab as I had to get back to work.

Within a few minutes, I was inside the cab heading to Amrio Enterprises when I received a text from Ester

Esteryyyyyy: Adrian Parker is here with his team for the meeting. When will you be here?

ME: OTW I will be there in 10 minutes

I pressed the send button and waited for my destination to arrive. The car soon pulled up to Amario Enterprises. I directly walked inside the building for the meeting with the Parkers.

Once I was in the elevator I started to fix my hair which got messier because of the winds. Hearing the elevator ding I stepped off and made my way towards the conference room.

I was about to enter the room when I heard someone yelling my name angrily from behind, It didn't take me a second to recognize that voice.

"Sssh, Slow your voice women. We are still inside the office." I whispered to Ester. 

"I wouldn't be so loud if you would have told me about your appointment with the doctor today. I would have at least accompanied you there, Sarah." Ester replied with an angry face.

"It was just a routine check-up, Ester, so you don't need to be pissed regarding that. And there are still a lot more appointments to go for you to accompany me to the doctor." 

"Alright but at least tell me what the doctor said, I hope everything is fine with you and your baby." She asked me softly.

"According to the doctor, everything is fine, she just advised me to work on my diet."