Chapter: 28 (Part Two)

She run, feet kissing the land, her pastel pink skirt fluttering softly in the gentle wind. She breath haphazardly, sweat dripping from her face, hurrying to get to her final destination, as she grin eager to see the person. Her black hair shines brightly under the rays of the sun, complimenting her snowy white skin, as it falls beautifully on her tucked in cream white button shirt. The meadow is a glorious expanse of grass and meadow flowers, grass rustling gently in the breeze. There is a narrow brook flowing through it, choke with weeds. Tall water-mint with pale lilac flowers, like dozens of tiny bells were growing at the edge of the brook.

And the path she had taken though the meadow leads to the river bank in the forest, the river flows with perfect consistency, and an artery of bless water. It feeds this place, quenches the thirst of the mighty beings rooted to the rich soil. Together they are perfection, the water of life and the community of flora and fauna. Being here is enough to remind the girl of her privilege place in the circle of life, in an ecosystem that is both robust and delicate.

Her feet come to a stop, staring at the person who she swear might have been annoyed at her tardiness, but she didn't have any choice, she was stuck with mountains of work, she silently creep up towards the boy, mentally praying that he won't be angry.

"You're late once again Elena" he vocalize which causes the girl to jump at his deep voice, a sigh left his lips he stands from the edge of the river bank, which brought countless of memories. Akito smiles at the girl, he notices the faint scent of nervousness which had most likely comes from her, and he couldn't help but laugh.

"How should you repay me?"

"A date?" She chirps catching the boy off guard, "A what?"

"A date?" she smiles, Akito gulps as his hands unconsciously scratch the back of his head, he bet Elena didn't know the value of what she is saying. Of course, she must by now know that the boy had a crush on her, it was clear as daylight and all the towns people by now would've notice it. He wasn't good at hiding his feelings, especially when he had gotten older and more aware of how he sees her. It wasn't bad that Elena had gotten more beautiful, she is like a goddess now, she is like the beautiful girl everyone would be jealous and hate. Her radiant nature is like a magnet, she is fun and outgoing and everyone wants to be around her.

"Elena I-"

"Akito I love you! So go on a date with me!" she demands her fist clenches and her beautiful amber eyes showing determination. Without any warning for her sake, I capture her first kiss, Elena was completely unprepared. You would think that after all the hours she'd have spent with Akito - watching him talk, laugh and frown - that she would know all there is to know about his lips. But she hadn't imagined how warm they would feel press against her own. They slowly release each other, striking lavender eyes and blazing amber eyes staring into each other. A smile charm itself upon Elena's lips, a look of cheekiness.

"So you like me as well" she said as the boy blush and looks away.

"Isn't it obvious from day one", he counters, Elena wiggles her eyebrows playfully, and softly elbow his left side as a tease, as she repeatedly sing the same sentence, "Akito has a crush on E-Len-a, Akito has a crush on E-Len-a", Akito laughs at the girl's silliness, and thus the day went on like this.

.........................

The news flies through the town quicker than Bolt at the Olympics, and it would be an understatement that some were jealous. Hatred is there, which is mostly directed towards 'the abnormal' the name given to Akito, why you ask? Because this is the first in century a Lycan would be born with powers, never that would've happen, but it is now being witness by others, and they never miss a chance to provoke, mock and trouble the boy.

The reason that may be, is because Akito's mother is a warlock, no one knows that though, no one except Akito and his friends. For Akito this is nothing special to him, because his village is known for its cross breeds with warlocks, witches and vampires, but as years goes by warlocks and witches is going extinct, and cross breeds with them are rare. This is because of vampires who drove them away-being that they captured them as forced labors and sex slaves because of their charming beauty and unique ability, causing them to seek home at the human's or werewolves quarters, some would even hide themselves in faraway lands or secluded places, never to be found, soon they familiarize themselves with humans, mating and living with them also while hiding their true nature. Each year their blood becomes weaker and weaker, some warlocks would not be born with powers, yet still have their identity. For example their rare eye color might not be there to identify them, thus, making them more like humans, and less like warlocks.

Witches have gone extinct, and without witches there is no cross breeds between demons, making a warlock's baby being born, rare. However; year goes by. Despite the mockery Akito receives, he is still one of the strongest in the pack, intelligent, and handsome. And he STILL gets the girl.

Elena's mother approve of their date. And his friends were always there to support him, even at their wedding 5 years later. It wasn't just a simple wedding, but one which starts a new chapter in their life, the big step for them to take, and which evolve their families.

Their marriage had been inevitable from the time they were teens. They were inseparable. Each was the centre of the universe for others. They were so relax in each other's company, so caring. Their love for one another radiated from them, touching the lives of everyone they know. Over the years they remain devoted to one other. Through sickness and family tragedies they support one another. In the rough times neither strayed. Now they walk through the neighborhood arm in arm, the light spring sunshine reflecting from their hair. When ask the secret to a long happy marriage they would smile and say, "good communication, never go to bed on an argument and never let fun become unimportant."

The love of a marriage is simple and pure, it is as the air and water needed daily rather than the firework. That's what we want to show in our simple wedding, that by being so steady with one another we could remain together all of our days.

That is, until Akito have been in the most difficult situation a man could be in, it is wild, at the same time exciting. Why?

With each contraction comes a pain that dominates Elena's entire being. In those moments, for those seconds that stretches into infinity, there is nothing else. She could hear screaming from other rooms, yet she made no sound at all. When the pain passes it was only for a minute or so and she breathes with closed eyes, unwilling to re-engage with life outside of her own body. The room might as well have been empty for all the awareness she had, and when they did talk, touch, gain her attention she finds it so hard. To reply she had to find herself from the deepest recess of her own mind and drag herself forward, to use her voice, open her eyes. The midwife is telling her that is time, time to push. With a guttural grunt she did so and is told to stop, one is enough. She feels the baby crowning-the hot stretching of flesh and holds her breath. Without any further effort the baby slides into the hands of the midwife. There is elation, a boy at last, and in seconds he is there, nascent eyes opening, mouth rooting for milk. They clean the boy, and after handing it to Elena whose eyes were sparkling at the tiny human.

Tiny fingers curl around Elena's pinky. And she watches the newborn peer through brand new eyes at what must be such a strange world after life in the womb. His legs kick in a tiny jag motion, looking for that resistance they are used to, but finding nothing but air. Elena watches with amusement, and Akito couldn't help it but let a tear slip from his eyes, that which brings joy.

"What are you going to name him miss?'' the nurse ask, Elena took deep breaths as she stares over at her husband of 6 years.

"Jimin, Park Jimin" Akito replies and the nurse nods.