17 (2)

it's a monday miracle!
enjoy...

When their food came, Taylor swirled the vegetables around her plate, listening quietly to the conversation and only looking up whenever Kaia laughed softly to something Mica had said.

For the most part, it was mostly Tom and Mica who carried the conversation. Taylor could barely focus with Kaia's leg brushing against hers. Though, she was hyperaware of how Kaia's arm kept brushing against hers any time she moved to grab her drink, or whenever she reached across the table to grab something from the plates of food that were apparently ordered to be shared.

Taylor had no idea what they even were.

As she stabbed a green bean with her fork, Kaia poked her arm gently. "Pst, hey!"

Taylor looked up expectantly to find Kaia's fork right up in her face with something slimy on the other end. Taylor jumped back in fear, swatting Kaia's hand away and causing the slimy thing to fly and land on Taylor's plate.

"Ew, what is that?" She asked, her nose scrunched while attempting to remove the thing with her spoon without contaminating the rest of the salad.

"Escargot."

Taylor's eyes widened before her face scrunched in disgust. "Eww, why would you shove that in my face?"

She held the spoon up to inspect the cooked snail closer. It really did not look appetising.

Kaia laughed, grabbing another one from the plate and eating it so casually, Taylor could only sit there and watch. "Because it's good! Try it!"

Taylor hesitated, holding the spoon closer to her face when the heavy smell of garlic hit her.

"They really are fantastic," Tom agreed, eating another one himself.

"Nah... I don't think so," Taylor shook her head, dropping her spoon in Kaia's plate.

"Come on! Don't knock it till you try it!" Mica joined in to which Kaia snorted loudly and sent him a playful wink.

Oh, she was already starting to get tipsy.

Kaia took Taylor's spoon with the escargot still on it and held it up to Taylor's mouth. "Tay, if you try this snail, I will make that painting of Her Majesty, Doctor Meredith Grey that you have in your living room my profile picture on all my social media accounts for the next month."

Taylor gasped softly, pointing an accusing finger at Kaia. "You hate that painting!"

"It scares me to death, but I'll do it anyway!" Kaia confirmed with a lopsided grin.

Well, I can't say no, now, can I?

Closing her eyes, Taylor finally ate the snail, chewing slowly as the flavours burst in her mouth.

All right... it wasn't half as bad as it looked. In fact, it tasted a lot better than she ever would have thought.

Kaia cheered triumphantly, placing the spoon back on Taylor's plate while laughing wholeheartedly. Taylor loved that laugh.

"What did you think?" She asked and Taylor waited until she had swallowed to take a sip of wine, wipe her mouth with her napkin, and turn to look at Kaia without a particular expression on her face.

"It was all right," she finally said, Kaia's grin widening.

"You loved it!" She decided, grabbing her fork once again to go back to her own meal. Letting out a little throaty laugh, she added: "Maintenant, je vais te faire essayer des grenouilles." [Now, I'm going to make you try frog legs].