35| Married

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Married

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 35: Married (Emilia's POV)

"I'm shitting myself, Em. For the first time in my life, I'm thinking of running away from the man I love," Remy scoffed. 

I glanced down at the phone that was balanced on the tap in the bathroom while I did my makeup. 

Remy had FaceTimed me because right now, everybody was getting ready to leave for the church and while Remy was getting her makeup done by a professional makeup artist that she booked for herself. Mom was walking around in the background and Dad popped in to check on her once but other than that, Remy requested everyone to stay out so she wouldn't panic even more. I was going to go see her once I finished getting ready. 

"Aspen's nervous too, if that helps," I mumbled, digging through my makeup bag for some glitter I remembered bringing for my eyeshadow. "Actually, he seemed more nervous than you. Especially when he got back after checking out the church." 

"That doesn't help, Em. At least one of us should be confident in the wedding ceremony." 

I laughed, leaning in closer to the mirror. "You both should be confident, Remy. You guys have been in love forever, you always told me you were ready and you were just waiting for him to finally want to settle down. Well, it's happening. Don't be so nervous. Aren't you excited?" 

"Of course, I am, Em. Just not for the whole vows moment. Or the walking down the aisle moment. What if I fall?" she gasped. 

"I'm sure Dad will catch you." 

"What if I mess up my vows?" 

"I'm sure it'll come naturally when you look at Aspen." 

"What if... Your boyfriend's staring at you, by the way. He has been for like twenty minutes, I didn't want to say anything but the man looks hypnotized. Ugh, you guys make me sick." 

I glanced at Adam in the mirror who was standing at the door, still only in his plain black v-neck and gray sweatpants. He would take much less time to get ready, so he decided to start later. "I can see him in the mirror." I turned around, facing him. "What are you doing?" I laughed. 

"I'm just watching," he shrugged, leaning against the doorway. 

"Why?" 

"Because you look pretty." 

"Ew, you guys. Ew," Remy scoffed. 

Adam walked in as I spun around to face the phone, rolling my eyes at her. "Shut up, Remy," Adam laughed, putting his arms around my waist from behind. "You and Aspen acted like this your whole life. You still do," he said pointedly. 

"Okay, but don't rub it in my face when I can't see him," she grumbled. 

"You'll see him soon enough. To get married," I reminded her. 

"And I'm nervous again, thanks," she muttered. "Anyway, I'll hang up now. I have to finish getting ready and so do you. Bye, Em. Bye, Adam." 

"Bye," we replied in sync before she hung up. I left my phone on the counter just before Adam spun me around to face him again. 

He tightened his hold on me, leaning in a little bit. "I want to kiss you," he whispered. 

I hummed, watching him in amusement.