XLIV.

Chapter Fourty Four.

January.

It was now a brand new year, which meant that it was time for new beginnings. Since Zealand got his car for Christmas, he was making an effort to go spend time with Xavi on weekends or whenever he could. Though they were in school together each day, they only had one class with each other. Lunch wasn't an option for them to spend quality time together anymore since Xavia decided to join the yearbook committee. So, most times she would grab her lunch then head to the library or the yearbook room for meetings.

Currently, it was Saturday afternoon. Zee and Xavia sat in Lupe Tortilla, a popular Mexican restaurant, eating their meals and talking about random things. Zee had suggested that they go there on a little lunch date.

"And then, he started watching porn in the middle of class!" Xavi exclaimed, taking a sip of her lemon water.

"Word? That's nasty as hell." Zealand shook his head, biting into his quesadilla. When he did, some sour cream got left on the corner of his mouth.

"Oh, you have a little something-" Xavia leaned over, taking her thumb and wiping the sour cream off.

"Damn, that's embarrassing." Zee said awkwardly, grabbing his napkin and wiping over his mouth just to make sure nothing else was there.

"No it's not." Xavia laughed, "It's cute."

"Cute? You weird, Xavi." He chuckled.

"And what about it?" She stuck her tongue out. Zealand reached over and flicked her nose, causing her to scrunch it up and laugh even more.

"You got the most contagious laugh." Zee pointed out, eating some Spanish rice.

"My laugh is atrocious." Xavia shook her head.

"Nah, I like it."

She playfully rolled her eyes, taking a bite out of her taco salad.

Silence overtook them for a couple seconds, before Zealand decided to speak again.

"How's Arnecia doing?" He questioned.

"She's doing better. I talked to her yesterday, and she said she's going to keep the baby."

"Really? What made her change her mind."

"Regret. She said she knows that if she decided to give the baby up for adoption, she'll end up regretting it in the long run." Xavi explained.

"That's real mature of her."

"Yeah, I told her that I was proud of her. Of course, I'll help out and do anything I can for her and the baby."

"You're a good ass person, Xavi."

"I try." She shrugged, then smiled.

••

Once they left Lupe Tortilla, Zealand was in the mood for something sweet so they stopped at Baskin Robbins to get ice cream. Zealand got triple chocolate fudge with marshmallows on top, while Xavia got a cookies n' cream with crumbled brownie and caramel drizzled on top.

"Gimme some." Zee pouted, peering into Xavi's bowl.

"You have your own!" Xavia protested.

"So? I wanna taste yours." He said back.

Xavia complied, digging her spoon into the cold treat before putting it to his lips. He ate it off of the spoon, then licked his lips.