Apologies

[ WARNING ]

[ WARNING ]

This is a incredibly big chapter, I did consider parting it to two/three parts, but mostly of you guys said you would rather read it all in one sit, so here it is!

Word count : 7791

  ──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──

'This smell… Is it grass?

I like it… Wet grass… Grass after the rain…

Wait- Grass?!'

Y/N quickly shot up from where she was laying, looking around to see… an open field?

'Oh, right. I'm probably dreaming….'

After coming to her senses, the girl's body let go of all the tension it has been accumulating, she rapidly proceeded to plop down to the ground.

Faint footsteps could be heard from behind her, she snapped her head back to look at the sound, and then…

“… Yoriichi?”

He looked at Y/N with an expressionless face for some seconds, before letting out a small chuckle and sitting beside her. “That's quite the dry reaction, won't you call me dad like you used to?”

Her surprised expression quickly turned into a frown, she hugged her knees, silently proceeding to say with pink cheeks : “… T-That was a long time ago…”

“You were really cute back them, following me around everywhere like a baby chick-”

“Stop it! Jeez, why I am seeing dead people all of a sudden anyway?!” She exclaimed to herself, her face flustered in red.

“… For what reason do you think you are?”

“Well, maybe am I dead or something? Is this what after life is like?”

He giggled a bit at her response, saying with a small smile : “Sorry to disappoint you, but no, you aren't dead. You're just unconscious.”

“I see. So, you're only a dream. An extension that my mind created. How great.”

“I see that you still talk sharply, even after all these years.”

“… I'm not really like that anymore… I changed a lot after all this time, you know! I really grew up a lot! I- Though I never managed to live a long life, I met a lot of wonderful people, and I made many friends too! I even saved someone!…”

“That's nice.” He responded, patting her head.

“They… I think you would get along with them! You know, I even met a Kamado! You know, like Sumiyoshi! He's his ascendant! He's name is Tanjiro, and he's exactly like him! Even the eyes are the same!”

He just hummed in response, quietly hearing her rambles.

“… And… And… why I am saying these things? You aren't even real…” Y/N's expression rapidly changed to a frown, the corners of her mouth twitching as she tried to hold back her tears.