Chapter 3: Too Little Feelings

Maggie ends up dropping, not too hard but her emotional state is so fragile right now. Her girlfriends try and do their best, there is fluff towards the end.

Maggie's little wants to break out.

After much chewing and a bit of writing, Maggie looks up at the clock to stretch. She does a double-take.

It's well past twelve and she was supposed to be home two hours ago.

She looks down at her stack of work and realizes that she has gotten nothing done in the hours she has been here.

She doesn't recall what she was doing the entire time.

The detective frees her tender hands from her teeth when her tongue tastes a metallic-ey flavour.

She looks down at her hands, fearing what she knows to be true. Slowly Maggie looks them over. Her fingers are a bit raw and she thinks a couple more hours and she might be able to see more of the meaty flesh underneath. Four out of her five digits are red, tender, and bleeding.

She looks at the scene and just wants to curl up and cry. Now she noticed the stinging pain the air around it is causing.

"I told you so"

"Shut it!" She says in a strangled whisper. She licks up the rest of the blood and hisses at the intense sting it brings.

Her head is aching, she is mentally and physically exhausted.

I just want my mamas!

The detective picks up her phone with shaky hands. Ten missed calls from Alex and a couple of dozen worried texts from Sam. Even a bit from Kara and her CEO girlfriend.

"Oh shit, I messed up." She says in a hushed tone, afraid to break the tense silence she is battling alone with.

Her eyes begin to well to the brim, threatening to spill over. One gust of wind and it would be over. She stares at her phone for a bit longer debating on if she should return any of the missed calls or texts or just head on home. She goes for the latter, rather not have to deal with any of this mishap over the phone.

The detective locks her gun into her holster, grabs her keys from inside the desk, and puts the papers away for later. She decides that she will just have to come in a bit before her shift starts on Monday to finish up so nothing is left undone.

She grabs her leather jacket from the hanging rack and makes her way out of the precinct. The Latina's face is turned down, trying to not draw attention to herself, knowing how red and ready to pop her eyes must be.

On her way out, she bumps into someone, she drops her jacket and goes to pick it up so she can rush out as fast as possible. Not even wanting to say sorry or even wait for one.

The stranger goes to pick up the jacket at the same time she does. It's Alex.

Lexi?

"Where have you been, we have all been calling your phone. I tell you all the time, no, WE tell you all the time to let us know if-" Alex looked so frightened, so scared. Of what, I was just at work, I JUST LOST TRACK OF TIME FOR A BIT!

The shorter detective looks up finally. She knows Alex can tell how tired she looks, and maybe she can tell she's been fighting a drop. Maggie looks back at her feet, she can see her toes wiggle in her combat boots a bit, I should really buy new ones.