Mr. Olsen

Fred

I hadn't even reached Charlie and George when I heard her scream. Loud, bloodcurdling, terrified. I spun back to find her and my sight went red.

It was her father, I was sure of it. The way that Ron had described the Boggart all of those months ago. I was already sprinting back towards them, unsure if she was still screaming or if I would just never get the sound out of my head from this point on.

I didn't even think to reach for my wand, my only thought was reaching them. Getting him away from her. I was now only a few more steps away and I could see the blood. It leaked from her nose and dripped down her chin onto her pale yellow shirt as his bloodied fist collided with her face once more, letting her fall to the ground as I reached them, shoving the man hard to the ground.

"Get the fuck. Away from her!" I screamed, my fist striking his face on almost every word before I felt hands pulling me back up. "Stop! Stop! I'm gonna kill him!" I howled, not taking my eyes off of the mans face, now claiming more blood than his daughters.

"Fred! Get Cassidy. Get Cassidy!" George shook me, locking eyes with mine and pushing me slightly towards the blonde lying on the ground struggling to sit back up.

My jaw was numb from how hard my teeth were grinding against each other as I watched Charlie and George prop the gray haired man up, Charlie pulling his wand from his jacket pocket while George held him down.

"Cassidy." I muttered, pulling her into my lap and starting to wipe the blood from her skin before hearing her whimper in pain. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I pulled her into me and wrapped my arms around her body.

"Get the fuck away from me you freaks!" Mr. Olsen shouted from behind my brothers. "That is my daughter, who ran away from home and I will punish her however I see fit-"

I turned to face them when I heard the smack of skin, watching George wipe blood from the back of his hand onto his jeans.

"Shut up." He muttered as Charlie aimed his wand in the mans face.

"Confundo." He said clearly, letting the man fall backwards onto the grass and crossing to me and Cass. "Let's go, it's going to be okay. We're going to get you help."

Charlie and George grabbed onto our shoulders, our bodies colliding with the gravel of the road outside.

"Mum!" George shouted as I scooped Cassidy into my arms, trying not to let myself freak out that she wasn't making any sound anymore.

"What's wrong, dear? Where have you- Good God." Her face went white as her eyes landed on us, blood covering three out of the four. "What happened?"

I followed her through the doorway and into the family room, laying Cassidy onto the couch and taking half a step back, giving my mother space to help her.

"Took her to see her brother's grave." I started, feeling like I hadn't had a full breath since I had left her side at the cemetery. "Her father... must have been waiting for her. I looked away... not even five minutes,"

"It's not your fault, Freddie. Her nose is broken, and she might have some bruises left for just a few days, but she's going to be fine."

"M'okay." Cassidy mumbled, struggling to open her eyes as they were beginning to swell up from the force of her broken nose.

"Yes, you're fine dear. I'm going to fix your nose, okay?" Mum offered her best attempt at a smile and I dropped to the floor in front of the couch, grabbing at Cassidy's hand even though I knew she wouldn't need it.