Chapter 78- Life Isn't Fair

Y/N slipped her keys into her front door, wanting more than anything to get out of her wet dress. Before the whole fight, she and Miguel were planning on watching a movie at his place after prom and having a sleepover. Now all Y/N wanted to do was sleep.

Y/N opened the door and walked in, feeling water droplets slide down her legs and land on the carpet. "Dad, you still awake?" She asked into the darkness. She heard a loud groan and looked around the room. Her eyes landed on the floor and she gasped at the sight in front of her.

The TV was lying broken on the ground and empty beer bottles were near it. Lying face down in the carpet was Johnny, surrounded by more beer bottles. "Dad! What happened?" She asked, rushing to his side. "Oh hey, kid. Old man can kick." He slurred, turning to face her.

Y/N noticed a bruise forming on his cheek and then suddenly it all clicked in her head. Silver had done this to him. Y/N walked over and grabbed his arm, slowly helping to his feet. She slung his arm around her shoulder while she wrapped an arm around his waist.

She slowly guided him through the apartment, with him incoherently mumbling some song. They finally reached his bedroom and Y/N helped him lower himself onto the bed. He let out a groan of pain as his back hit the mattress, making Y/N's worry grow.

"Here put your legs up. There you go." She said as she put Johnny's leg's that were hanging off the side of the bed up onto it. She reached down and took his shoes off before looking up to see him drinking another beer. She quickly snatched it out of his hands causing him to spill some of it on her.

"Hey, hey, hey!" She scolded as she wiped the beer on her dress. "Oh, I'm sorry," Johnny said dazedly. "You're fine. I was already wet." She reassured. "Yeah me too. From pee." Johnny chuckled.

Y/N grimaced at this as Johnny kept chuckling. "Well I'm going to go to bed, but we're going to talk in the morning," Y/N stated. Before she could leave, Johnny grabbed her hand. "Wait, wait, listen. I want...I wanna be a father to you. I really do. I try to be there for you. I just suck at it. I really suck at it. But I want to so bad." He murmured, his eyes fluttering.

Y/N felt tears well up in her eyes as a smile formed on her face. "You're doing just fine. I love you, Dad." She whispered. Johnny sniffled quietly. "I love you too, Robby." He cried before rolling over onto his side.

The smile fell off of Y/N's face as tears escaped her eyes. She placed her hand over her mouth to stifle the sob that threatened to escape her lips. Robby was right. Johnny was just trying to make up for his mistakes. He saw Y/N as his replacement for Robby.

Y/N slowly backed out of the room, tears streaming down her face. She needed to leave the apartment right now. But where would she go? Then she remembered what Johnny had said. Old man can kick.

Y/N suddenly felt her sadness dissipate. Silver had done this to Johnny. For what reason, she didn't know but what she did know is that this was all his fault. Y/N felt anger course through her as she thought about what the old man did to Johnny. She knew exactly where to go.
------------------------------------
Terry sat in the office of the dojo, staring blankly at the wall. He did everything to prove to Kreese that he was loyal to him but it still wasn't good enough. The old man was going soft on him. All because of Johnny Lawrence. Terry was sick of the blonde. He was coming between him and Kreese. And him and Y/N.

Terry heard the bell above the door ring, making his eyebrows furrow in confusion. No one should be here this late. He pushed himself out of his chair and walked out of the office. When he walked into the dojo, he was met with Y/N standing there, an angry look on her face. 

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" He asked, confused but also happy that she was here. Did his beating up Johnny work? "Listen, I don't know who you are or what you want, but you stay the hell away from Johnny." She spat, shoving her now damp hair out of her face. Ah, so beating up Johnny did indeed work.

Terry tilted his head, staring at the young girl. She looked the same as she did when she was younger, with her bright E/C eyes and H/C head of hair. He would recognize her anywhere, no matter how long they had been apart.

"You really don't remember me, do you?" He questioned. Y/N felt her anger become replaced with confusion. How would she remember him if she never even met him before? "Remember you? I don't know you." She replied angrily. Terry frowned at this. "Actually Y/N, you do." He stated. "And how would I know you?" She asked venomously. "Because I'm your father."

Y/N felt her heart stop. No, he was lying to her. He wasn't her father. "No, you're not. You can't be." She said. "But I am. I raised you. I taught you everything you know, even karate." He said. "No my old sensei did." She retorted

"Who do you think trained him?"

"Wait, hold on. Sensei Barnes was trained by you?"

"Yes he was. Even before he trained you though, I used to. As soon as you could walk I was having you learn front kicks."

Y/N felt her mind race. No this couldn't all be true. "No, none of this is true. You're just saying this to screw with my head." She spat. Terry frowned at this. "How can I prove that I'm your father?" He asked. "Tell me something that only you would know." She said.

"You used to call your mother mama." He tried. Y/N scoffed. "Please everyone did that."

"Your favorite color is F/C."

"Not really a groundbreaking revelation."

"You have a scar on your hip."

Y/N felt her heart stop at this. "H-how do you know that?" She asked. "Once Derek found out your mother had cheated, he went crazy. He came at you, ready to attack you when I shoved him out of the way. He fell and knocked a glass over. You happened to have slipped at the same time, startled from the noise and you cut your hip. I tried to take you to the ER but your mother refused. The cut soon became infected before healing into a scar."

"Sounds like something she would do." Y/N muttered. "I begged her to let me take you but she refused. That's when I knew I needed to get you out of there. If she didn't care enough to take care of a cut, then I knew she didn't care enough to take care of you." He said. "So why did you leave then?" She questioned. Terry heaved a sigh. "I didn't."
---------------------------------------------
A/N Next chapter will have the explanation you've all been waiting for :)