Chapter Fifteen

"She found home between his arms."

- Unknown

Luna's POV

Four Months Later

Fiddling with the ticket in one hand, the necklace around my neck in the other, I linger near the public bathrooms. People come and go frequently, some alone, some in groups, many of them laughing excitedly. There's a good mix of men and women here, many of them dressed in either green and white or yellow and purple. There's definitely more green in the sea of people, which makes sense considering we're in Boston.

My phone finally rings and I jump at the buzzing in my hand. Quickly answering the call, I press the phone to my ear without checking the caller ID. I already know who it is. "Hello?"

"Hi, Little One."

A smile slips onto my face. "Hi, Oli."

"You here yet?" He asks, sounding a little nervous.

"I'm here. Where do I need to go again?" I ask, still unsure about this. I'm not important enough to be here. Maybe at the game, sure. But to see Oli before the game, I need to go to him. Which means meeting him in a private room out the back. That's not really an easy place to get to for the average person.

"Where are you now, Little Luna?"

"Next to the bathrooms. The middle ones."

"Alright, you'll need to head out into the main foyer. Head to a door that says staff only and has a security guy standing next to it. Go to him and tell him who you are, alright? He's our security, so I've already told him about you. He'll send you to me." He tells me carefully and slowly, his voice gentle and reassuring. Of course he knows I'm nervous.

I let out a breath, turning and heading in that direction. "Okay. You sure he won't kick me out? Or think I'm some crazy fan girl?"

He laughs and the sound flows through my veins, instantly putting me at ease. "You don't have to worry about that. Promise. I'm pretty close with the guys in our security. I'm pretty sure it'll be Rick stationed at the door right now. He knows all about you, Luna."

I furrow my brows, a hesitant smile lifting my lips. "What could you possibly be telling your security about me for?"

I can hear the smile in his voice when he replies, "You're kind of my best friend, Little One. Everyone on the team knows who you are."

A blush colours my cheeks as I walk out into the main foyer. I look around for a second, spotting the door Oli had mentioned. "Alright, I think I see the door."

"There's security standing outside it?" He asks for confirmation.

I nod despite the fact he can't see me and start heading towards the door. "A brunette guy with a beard. Tall, tattoos, buzzcut. Is that Rick?"

"That'll be him. Just let him know who you are and he'll take you straight to me." He reassures me once again.

I let out a breath, getting closer to him. "Okay, I'll see you in a minute then, Oli."

"See you soon, Little Luna."

I put my phone into my back pocket once the call ends, straightening my shoulders as I approach the tall man. He's broad and muscly and very intimidating. But when his gaze lands on me, his eyes are kind when he asks, "You alright, Darlin'? Need help with somethin'?"