17.

[Hey!]

[this is only a filler.]

Thanksgiving would be arriving soon, and it was on Jersey's mind. Usually, she didn't care for holidays, but things were different now. She'd recently given birth to Harlem in July and couldn't wait for the baby to experience every holiday.

Thanksgiving was not a holiday she would typically be ready to celebrate due to its harsh background.

Jersey was thankful for the blessings that God provided her, and she was ready to consume some good food. Those were her reasons for acknowledging the holiday. She also enjoyed celebrating Frida's birthday. This year, Thanksgiving would be on a different day.

"Wow." Jersey pushed out as she bit into her waffle fry.

Malcolm glanced over at her as he expertly drove his Range Rover. He knitted his brows and said, "Be careful with that food...."

Jersey paused from chewing on her chicken nugget. She glanced at her boyfriend. "What?"

"You're eating a little crazy over there." He pushed out calmly. "I don't want crumbs and that stank-ass Polynesian sauce all over the passenger seat."

Jersey eyed him carefully through slits. She couldn't believe he had the audacity to tell her that. She knew how to eat in vehicles, and she knew how to clean up behind herself.

"I can't believe you just said that to me." She dug through her bag, reaching for a napkin. "You act like I'm a kid or something. When I'm in my Jeep or my car, I make sure to eat with care."

"I'm just saying..." Malcolm trailed off while shaking his head a little. "You left that smoothie cup in here a few days ago."

"I was in a rush. I told you that," Jersey stressed out with a smirk on her face. "That was the day I took Harlem for his appointment. I was in a rush because I had to stop at the ATM to get some cash and then head to the clinic."

"Yeah, right..." Malcolm trailed off while pressing on the brakes. The traffic was heavy and filled with cars. Pedestrians were on the sidewalk and crossing the street. The civilians in Brooklyn were trying to stay warm by bundling up in warm attire and warming up their cars. It was the right thing to do since they were in the middle of November. It was cold, and thick snow covered the grounds.

"I'm serious, baby...." She trailed off while placing her hand on his muscular arm.

Malcolm glanced at her and said, "I know."

"Can I have a kiss then?" Jersey leaned over and puckered her lips. She didn't care about being seen. People couldn't see in the truck anyway due to Malcolm adding the blackest tint to the vehicle.

Malcolm glanced at her and leaned over to press his lips against hers. They were greasy, but he didn't care.

When he pulled away, he continued his journey. Jersey decided to lay back and enjoy the ride. She was finished with her food and had enough time to go through her emails on her cellphone. She would be returning to work soon and had to get everything in order.

Malcolm seemed content, but he didn't show much emotion. The man had a lot on his mind, but he didn't want to alarm Jersey. He thought about Dean a lot and wanted to seek vengeance for his cousin's death. The man knew that Dean was killed while in the hospital's custody. He was going to get to the bottom of it soon.

The question of engagement was also on his mind. Malcolm was ready to marry Jersey. He wanted to settle down and spend the rest of his life with her. However, he was worried about her answer.