16 - Exor and Aeor

Far in space, lightyears from Empires, two raging balls of raw power swirled in a figure of eight, orbiting around each other as they encircled the earth. Beams extended from the suns, lashing onto each other, constantly in ferocious combat. The surrounding stars gave way, disrupting systems and throwing off the course of space.

These Stars were what remains of the Great Stags, Aeor and Exor. This is where the pair had been lurking, after Xornoths forthcoming, Exor was rebirthed into this existence, where he and Aeor have been battling ever since.

"Ravenous..." Exor voiced in between swings at Aeor. "Ruthless... Powerhungry... Shall I go on?..."

"Brother..." Aeor's voice sleuthed out of his star like the chime of amethyst. "We are both caught in this fight of attention... We each only have one true follower, and we chose them..."

"The crimes of you're past overweight your sudden attempt at reconciliation..." Exor retaliated. "You say we share this boat, but then why did you throw me overboard?..." Aeor stopped his attacks, the ball of fire suppressing itself.

"Should one of our champions die, we go down with it..." Aeor advised. "Though I fear your champions cannibalistic tendencies couldn't do it any favour..." 

"Your champion drove him to insanity!..." Exor hissed. "He banished my own into the hills..."

"That's beside the point..." Aeor moved on. "Even now they watch, and we just hope they can reconcile before anything irrational happens..." Exor kept slashing at Aeor. "I just hope you, Aliner, can help... or perhaps Conal is the saner of the two..."

Scott snapped up, his head ringing with whiplash. Sausage stirred as he rolled over by the blue soul fire. Xornoth was perched on a boulder by Sausage, he was hunched over as he spied the mountainscape, his eyes were closed, the gentle sound of a rumbling snore told Scott that he was asleep.

"Aliner?" A suddenly awake Sausage droned, wiping the sleep out of his eyes. "What are you doing up?"

"I just had a bad dream," Scott smiled briefly. "And please, call me Scott." Sausage looked taken aback.

"Scott..." Sausage said, licking the inside of his mouth as if the word left a bad taste. "Okay... I guess it's like old times..." Scott nodded.

"So how did you end up here?" Scott asked, trying to start a conversation. "Working for Xornoth?..." 

"I died..." Sausage replied nonchalantly. "The Oceans got really cold and then I died." Scott's eyes bulged.

"Of course..." Scott nodded obliviously. "And you died?"

"Yeah," He pursed his lips. "Next thing I knew, I was serving regeneration potions to a demon," Scott laughed, Sausage winced, a discontented grin flashing onto his pale face.

Xornoth chortled awake, a low honk bellowing from his opened mouth. The Demon regathered his breathing, his scales slinking back with every waking second.

Sausage ran over to stand by his master, a slab of raw meat in his palms. Xornoth snagged the slab, tossing into the air and letting it slither down his gullet.

Scott winced, this Beast was his brother, sorta. Though he didn't remember it, he had had good memories with him, a book he found in Elven ruins told him so.

Then Scott remembered his dream, he had to mend the bridge, or he would die... Maybe Xornoth could do that. Scott was still in shock that Aeor remained still beyond the world, and the height limitations. He knew that their battle still raged, so he knew that they needed his help.

Aeor didn't say it, but Scott knew he had a different bond with the Stag. Scott saw even in his raw form he was calling out to him, begging for him to help. So Scott would try as hard as he could.

Xornoth knew Scott woke before him, he no longer felt his looming presence in the dream world. Exor and Aeor stopped their fighting, they slowly rested as their shapes distinguished into clear cut Circles.

"Xornoth of Empires..." Aeor spoke.

"The 13th Member - can leave like the rest..." Exor continued.

"A Prophecy beyond the pages read by others foretells of a new world, one with you rectified as an Elven form..."

"So know you alone must make the mark to lead Empires to victory..." 

"Undo past Mistake."

"Mend Bonds with those you cursed..."

"But No matter what," The Spoke simultaneously. "Don't wield the blade found in the ice..."

Xornoth scowled, he hadn't a clue what the stags spoke of. They spoke final words to him, then cast him out to the shadow of the overworld.

Authors Note - Sorry if this chapter is a mess, I haven't had much time to write recently but I will be working on it soon.